Barn Door for JK factory hardtops

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I didn’t take it that way at all.
I’m only there for two days and have never been to SEMA. From the way it looks I’m going to be plenty busy myself.
Safe travels
You may know about this already, but if not, it could make your visit to the show more efficient: https://sema19.mapyourshow.com/8_0/floorplan/. It's the entire floorplan, you can search on it, click on a booth to find out about a company, zoom way in and find out what's in the different halls, etc. Every year before I go I spend an hour or two "virtually walking the show", clicking on companies I might be interested in visiting with. There's also an app you can use to add things to a "my show" list.

jgaz

Adventurer
You may know about this already, but if not, it could make your visit to the show more efficient: https://sema19.mapyourshow.com/8_0/floorplan/. It's the entire floorplan, you can search on it, click on a booth to find out about a company, zoom way in and find out what's in the different halls, etc. Every year before I go I spend an hour or two "virtually walking the show", clicking on companies I might be interested in visiting with. There's also an app you can use to add things to a "my show" list.
Thank you! This is a great idea.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I received an email the other day from someone looking for some advice on building a new front clip kit for the JK. His idea is to build a replacement front clip that looks like a Land Rover defender. To see what his idea would look like, I did this quick photo edit:

JKDefender_zps6agxtczo.jpg

Having done replacement front clips before I gave him some advice on what would be involved in executing such a project.

If anyone is interested in this idea I can put you in touch with the person.

Last edited:

jscherb

Expedition Leader
SEMA starts tomorrow so today I had to drive my Jeep into the show hall and set it up in the MORryde booth.

MORrydeBooth1_zpsolbfzhra.jpg

Also in the booth is the Tentrax trailer with the Trax Kitchen; MORryde is displaying that too because they're manufacturing it for Tentrax.

TraxKitchen_zpswg5eolmp.jpg

TraxKitchen1_zps7nyjwhft.jpg

Over the next few days I'll post photos of things I find interesting at the show.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Today was the first day of this year's SEMA Show, I'll do a few posts tonight with some updates.

One thing different at the show this year was a featured area called "Overland Experience". It was a special space in the additional tent on the south side of the convention center intended to focus on and feature overlanding.

OverlandExperience1_zpshfunceps.jpg

OverlandExperience2_zps6wfb9g9k.jpg

Unfortunately for me at least it was a bit of a disappointment. The "experience" ended up being a large area of floor space with vehicles all sporting roof top tents, and not much else. There were a few presentations/Q&A sessions, the best of which featured our own Dan Grec, but other than Dan's presence there was a lot more overland gear and vehicles to see on the upper floor of the South Hall.

Last edited:

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Roxor has a pretty big presence at the show this year, including this custom pickup.

RoxorPickup1_zps40qxsmhj.jpg

RoxorPickup2_zpsr5qyralm.jpg

It's got a goofy grille though.

RoxorPickup3_zpsjyapalds.jpg

Roxor was also showing their new trailer. I took these photos outside before the show opened yesterday so given the evening light they're not great quality photos.

RoxorTrailer3_zpsvmwevuha.jpg

RoxorTrailer1_zpsaglaxi9k.jpg

RoxorTrailer2_zpsgu9tv2a2.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Coverking was showing a some OEM products they did for Roxor - what I'll describe as a bikini top with roll-up sides, it's fairly rudimentary but I'll be a lot of people would like it on other Jeep models. Wouldn't be a very difficult DIY sewing job either. Also in these photos a half cab/tonneau is installed. The lighting in their booth wasn't the greatest so these cell phone photos aren't the best.

CoverkingRoxor1_zpsy6pgqyj7.jpg

CoverkingRoxor2_zpshshempxw.jpg

CoverkingRoxor3_zpsu3t9wmc1.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Maybe you recall a week or so ago I sewed a shoe caddy accessory for my roof top tent, I left it in place for the show:

ShoeCaddy_zps9klbdek6.jpg

I saw another one at the show but it doesn't seem practical to me, it's a flat pouch and I don't think there's enough room in it for two of my size 12's.

ShoeCaddy2_zpsb3hxdfkc.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
At the Overland East show last month I suggested to MORryde that it might be good to have a tablet in the Jeep playing a video of the setup and takedown of the Trail Kitchen - rather than doing a takedown/setup every time someone comes by the booth if a video was playing they could see it on the screen. They liked the idea so I sewed a very simple tablet mount to go on the back of a rear seat headrest. They used it at the show today and it worked very nicely. Could also work on the back of the front seat and be used to entertain kids in the back seat I suppose...

TabletMount_zpsiys9rymu.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I went back to the Roxor display to take a closer look at their trailer. It's actually being billed as a Mahindra:

MahindraTrailer1_zpsdpejzvhz.jpg

Here's something I didn't expect:

MahindraTrailer2_zpstl2plmta.jpg

Appears to be an electric actuator, also notice the battery box under the spare:

MahindraTrailer3_zpsjjp248um.jpg

And they're using the no-longer-necessary fuel filler recess as a place to mount the switch for the actuator:

MahindraTrailer4_zpsstwpcc0d.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Also in their display was a Roxor they were calling the RoxBox. It's got hinged sides on the top of the rear of the tub and a solid cover over the back of the tub. In this series of photos you can see the sides in the up position on one side and down on the other. Not sure what I think of this idea.

RoxBox1_zpsfeohbyll.jpg

RoxBox2_zpsy8sniyye.jpg

RoxBox3_zpsj5tjzlgv.jpg

RoxBox4_zpszqzb3xke.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles