Barn Door for JK factory hardtops

jgaz

Adventurer
Velcro and a decent sized, red, first aid pouch.
Mine is currently on the rear roll bar down tube for lack of a better place.
I think the headrest might be better???

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Velcro and a decent sized, red, first aid pouch.
Mine is currently on the rear roll bar down tube for lack of a better place.
I think the headrest might be better???
That sounds like a good idea.

FirstAid_zpseusatarc.jpg

JDaPP

Adventurer
A couple of companies have either a molle or Velcro headrest mount (I have a Velcro one from blueridge?) and the popular mounted bags are first aid for easy grab and and go. I would be interested in something that holds a tablet to force my kid to look up while we are traveling.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
This morning I implemented a collapsibe sink for the Trail Kitchen to save on storage space - the sink I've been using is solid and takes up a good amount of storage space in the Jeep. Here it is ready for use:

SinkSetup_zpsym16omwf.jpg

In this next photo the sink is out of the countertop and collapsed, it doesn't take up much space.

SinkCutout_zpszdk08dm0.jpg

The sink, facucet, supply and drain hose and the optional side clip-on table all fit in the drawer now; the sink tabletop hinges down over the drawer and the drawer top then hinges down over that.

PackedInDrawer_zpsvbeslyyw.jpg

The cutting board has a cleat on the bottom that locates the board on the sink and keeps it in place; the faucet swings up out of the way to allow use of the cutting board.

CuttingBoard_zpsnf5dztz7.jpg

And for times when I don't need the sink but do need lots of counter space, a stainless tabletop slips over the sink panel.

StainlessCountertop_zpsylogxmbe.jpg

OregonJKU

This morning I implemented a collapsibe sink for the Trail Kitchen to save on storage space - the sink I've been using is solid and takes up a good amount of storage space in the Jeep. Here it is ready for use:

SinkSetup_zpsym16omwf.jpg

In this next photo the sink is out of the countertop and collapsed, it doesn't take up much space.

SinkCutout_zpszdk08dm0.jpg

The sink, facucet, supply and drain hose and the optional side clip-on table all fit in the drawer now; the sink tabletop hinges down over the drawer and the drawer top then hinges down over that.

PackedInDrawer_zpsvbeslyyw.jpg

The cutting board has a cleat on the bottom that locates the board on the sink and keeps it in place; the faucet swings up out of the way to allow use of the cutting board.

CuttingBoard_zpsnf5dztz7.jpg

And for times when I don't need the sink but do need lots of counter space, a stainless tabletop slips over the sink panel.

StainlessCountertop_zpsylogxmbe.jpg
That is a very nice setup!

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I've been posting over the past few months about a startup company I've been helping with some designs for storage solutions. They've shipped a few products to a few retailers recently but they haven't really launched the company yet and they're doing that this weekend at the Bantam Jeep Festival. Their focus is higher-quality, higher style storage products made from heavy canvas duck fabric, leather and military-spec fabrics; products include HD Molle Panels, "Grab and Go" bags for those panels, Roll Bar bags, Cutlery/Tool Keepers and Tool Rolls for storing camping cutlery and for storing tools, and weatherproof cargo bags custom-fitted for over-the-spare racks and roof racks. They'll have a booth at the show and will have those products on display and for sale at the show, as well as showing some soon-to-be-released products such as their "Backpack Bag" (fits on the back of the seat but is also a backpack or shoulder bag) and their Saddle Bag (mounts to the tub side over the inner fenders). They're offering show discounts, which can also be had on their web site, which is now live at https://www.overland-outfitters.com.

I'll be at the show, splitting my time between the MORryde booth (MORryde is borrowing my JKU and my fiberglass military trailer for their booth) and the Overland Outfitters booth. Hope to see you there.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Just in case anyone's wondering, I have no financial interest in Overland Outfitters. I have been helping them because they're good people and helping them gave me a chance to design some new things in an area I haven't done too much work in (fabric products). I have not received any compensation from them for my designs, nor will I receive any compensation from their sales.

jgaz

Adventurer
Looking good.
When you have the Jeep decked out like it is, have you ever counted the number of products and/or ideas that are installed on the vehicle?
Safe travels

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Looking good.
When you have the Jeep decked out like it is, have you ever counted the number of products and/or ideas that are installed on the vehicle?
Safe travels
Thank you.

No I haven't, but how should I count it? Does the Trail Kitchen count as one, or do I count the base kitchen, the sink option, the power panel, the charging option, etc., all as separate items? :).

Matt.H

Adventurer
Thank you.

No I haven't, but how should I count it? Does the Trail Kitchen count as one, or do I count the base kitchen, the sink option, the power panel, the charging option, etc., all as separate items? :).

Yes, ;).

Still in love with that trailer.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Yes, ;).

Still in love with that trailer.

If you love it you can have one of your own... Dinoot.com picked up this trailer design, and tub kits are reasonably priced. Mine is built on a Harbor Freight 1720-lb. capacity frame, which is more than strong enough for this application and also affordable ;).

jscherb

Expedition Leader
If you love it you can have one of your own... Dinoot.com picked up this trailer design, and tub kits are reasonably priced. Mine is built on a Harbor Freight 1720-lb. capacity frame, which is more than strong enough for this application and also affordable ;).
Another way to have one of your own is to have Scott Chaney @ Dinoot build it for you, some people who don't have time, or live in an apartment with no place to work, or can't build one themselves for other reasons have had Scott assemble one for them. I think he's pretty reasonable.

I'm in Butler, PA now, towed the trailer 280 miles from home yesterday. Will be leaving to set up at the show shortly, photos to come.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
A few photos of the MORryde display at Bantam Jeep Fest today.

MORrydeDisplay1_zpsw2kuwbuu.jpg

They used my trailer for products they're offering for sale at the show. They told me I can't post any prices because the show discounts are very good.

MORrydeDisplay2_zpsnyw5b4el.jpg

MORrydeDisplay3_zpshoj190kb.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94