Baofeng UV5R "Builder Brackets"

Matt.H

Adventurer
I am VERY late to this thread. Do you still offer the UV5R bracket? How soon could I get one?

~Gary
Count me in too! I would like to get two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you click his link in his signature he is not taking orders currently.

I would watch this thread and his on line site;

geanes

I got the last of the current run. I can attest to these being top-drawer quality. Very impressed. When he makes more, order one ASAP. They are worth it.

toddz69

Explorer
I think I have an extra UV5R bracket that I purchased from Kiddmen57 that I won't be using if someone's interested.

Todd Z.

didymus

I was converted to HAM by the clarity, performance, and finally the availability of the $30 Baofeng UV5R H/T. These are very versatile radios and handy to have a few around. I needed a way to securely keep the radio in place while out and about. I drew up and had these holsters cut because there were a few people interested in them on the forum.
I only had a few cut and will not be making another set.

These brackets are a starting point for your mount. All the geometry to securely hold the standard and extended battery versions via the belt clip. Weld, drill, cut, bend, etc to suit your needs. I used 14ga steel so they are very stout. You could weld a 1/4-20 nut on the back and attach a RAM ball as one mounting possibility. EDIT: All units come with the nut pre-welded to accept a 1/4-20 male thread, such as the RAM ball noted.

Rev 3 is designed to fit the UV5R series, the new BF-F8HP with the "thick" battery, by breaking off the top tab, and have been notched to suit the UV-82 radios. Looking through this thread also shows other devices will fit even if some minor modifications are required.

Cost is $10 each and $6 USPS flat rate shipping for up to 6 units, and $12 for many many more.

PM me for details.

View attachment 206514

Are you still actively making and selling these? I *almost* got the one sold on eBay, but before I was approved here I looked at your profile and say the web store link. I made a purchase there, but I never got any sort of confirmation email so I just want to confirm this is still an active offer. Otherwise, I guess I will get the other one that I don't like as much.

jwicker

I was converted to HAM by the clarity, performance, and finally the availability of the $30 Baofeng UV5R H/T. These are very versatile radios and handy to have a few around. I needed a way to securely keep the radio in place while out and about. I drew up and had these holsters cut because there were a few people interested in them on the forum.
I only had a few cut and will not be making another set.

These brackets are a starting point for your mount. All the geometry to securely hold the standard and extended battery versions via the belt clip. Weld, drill, cut, bend, etc to suit your needs. I used 14ga steel so they are very stout. You could weld a 1/4-20 nut on the back and attach a RAM ball as one mounting possibility. EDIT: All units come with the nut pre-welded to accept a 1/4-20 male thread, such as the RAM ball noted.

Rev 3 is designed to fit the UV5R series, the new BF-F8HP with the "thick" battery, by breaking off the top tab, and have been notched to suit the UV-82 radios. Looking through this thread also shows other devices will fit even if some minor modifications are required.

Cost is $10 each and $6 USPS flat rate shipping for up to 6 units, and $12 for many many more.

PM me for details.

View attachment 206514
these are cool I'll order 2 tomorrow...

fyrftr007

If you click his link in his signature he is not taking orders currently.

I would watch this thread and his on line site;

Are you still making the brackets for the UV5? Just ran across this today! Found the online store.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles