Baofeng UV5R "Builder Brackets"

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
That´s what I heard. At least with some minor modifications.

I've had one person buy these for the FT60's and say they fit. I do not have more details than that, so I cannot guarantee the same fit as the UV series or if they had to modify the mount in any way.

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
All,

I just responded to PM's. Things are pretty busy at the moment and it seems to take me a couple extra days to respond and get things out. I see the need to improve and have started to look into a better way of doing things. Hopefully in a couple months or so I'll have a place to direct people to for easy ordering.

Thanks once again to everyone for the support.

Klayton

Anak

Stranger
With regard to the question of fitment of a Yaesu FT-60, I don't know what variations may exist, but I would say that my FT-60R does not fit:

RadioMounts1OPT.jpg

The overall width of the FT-60R is about the same dimension as the overall outer width of the builder bracket.

The belt clip is also longer. The retention hole would need to be lowered by about 3/4".

Fits the Baofeng perfectly though.

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Yeah, I would say that's a no-go. Too much "modification" required. Thanks for the heads up. A picture sure is worth a thousand words. Now I need to get my hands on an ft-60 which would be worth a thousand pictures!

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
After some back and forth, I have added these to a simple online store. You can find the link in my signature. Thanks again everyone! I'll still be checking in here regularly.

Nomads365

A Most Adventurous Couple
After some back and forth, I have added these to a simple online store. You can find the link in my signature. Thanks again everyone! I'll still be checking in here regularly.

Cool. I was just telling some folks about your brackets this week. Working on powder-coating mine that I just got.

snare

Adventurer
I finally ordered.

Looking forward to setting it up for my UV82. I will post pics when i am done.

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
I have 2 blem units that the laser didn't play nice with. The cut up on the break off tab in one corner looks a bit funky. Functionality is just fine, and after a coat of black paint you'd probably hardly notice.

I'll ship the pair for $10 F&F via pypal to the first PM claiming them.

IMG_6747.jpg

IMG_6748.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles