Baofeng UV5R "Builder Brackets"

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Any powder coat options?

I dropped 4 brackets off with the powder coat place. I will evaluate the finish, and quality, as well as check fit just in case. Will report back here. Only issue, is to get the cost down will have to do the entire batch in PC. It will add cost to the bracket, still to be determined. I will hopefully know more later this week or early next week.

poriggity

Explorer
I'm excited to get mine. I now just need to figure out how to mount it. As far as powder coating, I'm cheap, so I'm hood with bare metal. I have spraypaint.

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
For those asking about the UV-82, here's some info. Looks like a notch needs to be cut on one of the wings to clear the side buttons.

thought id throw up some shots of the UV-82 fitment.
Bracket dimensions are perfect except a small notch needs to be made to avoid bracket keying down the flashlight button. Easy. fits tight and does not rattle at all. still need to weld a nut on it so i can use a ram mt.

before:

IMG_2429_zps9b92dd0b.jpg

after:

IMG_2439_zps72f75cf5.jpg

IMG_2437_zps0e018e4a.jpg

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
I got the samples back from the powder coater yesterday and while nice, there are a couple quality issues I'd have to address. All in all I don't think it's worth the extra cost when most will have a can of spray paint at their house, and may need to modify the bracket as needed.

Samples
image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles