Ballpark estimate for a custom canvas?

Titan_Bow

Anyone ever had a custom canvas made for a trailer? On my M101a2, I am looking to have a black canvas made, with a zippered back flap and a couple clear vinyl windows. I've reached out to a handful of local shops here in the Denver area, and so far I'm getting 1500-2500 dollars. Does that seem about right, or should I be able to get a good canvas made for much less?

Trailer2.JPG

RSS

You’re in Denver?! I think it would be worth reaching out to the REMOVED for a quote. Tell her ___ sent you (but you and I don’t know each other)

Her name is _____. Find her on Instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

high-and-dry

You can buy sunbrella on amazon, its about $25 a yard for 54 wide. So the material is not too expensive but make sure they use the proper thread.

Try boat places, as sail covers, bikini tents and stuff are made from it. They should be able to do it all by email with good drawings, and this time of year find a shop up north as they are probably looking for work.

RSS

Contact removed - irrelevant

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Those prices seem a bit steep for essentially a rectangular cover. Now the windows and rear zippered flap will add to the over customized pricing, but since a custom large boat cover made of sunbrella material is more around $500-$1200 I don't see why it would be anywhere near $2500 (Depending on the "canvas" you spec will certainly add to the price).

BTW, is the frame work made with electrical conduit/pipe connectors? If so, make sure to add strong wear resistant padding around those otherwise they will rub right through your new cover after a few trips on the highway. Good luck.

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
Maybe use some foam pipe insulation & have the upholstery shop make velcro or zippered covers... as Brit mentioned above...

Nice looking trailer...

RSS

Removed my friend’s contact info from the previous post as she doesn’t do these types of projects. She recommended someone else to original poster, feel free to share if they are a good source.

FlipperFla

IMO I would use sunbrella material. Its what they use in the marine industry, it “ breathes” so you won’t have a mold issues, available in a rainbow of colors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles