Baja500 Carnage Pics!!!

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Kevin!

Glad you made it through!!!!!!!:ylsmoke:

Now you really must start the new Thread......

The Life and Times of the one and only....Wild Man Himself...."The Boston Mangler"........!!!!!!!!!!

Sit down......hold on......and shuddup!!!!!....baby!

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Boston Mangler said:
Huh? About 99% of the wheels done there were alloy, what do you mean by that statement?

Sorry, made an assumption that they were steel since you were able to weld them. Even more impressive that those guys had a welder that was capable of welding alloy.

My train of thought got stuck in my own little world. My stick welder welds steel but not aluminum so I sometimes forget that it's possible!:rolleyes:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
mcvickoffroad said:
Sorry, made an assumption that they were steel since you were able to weld them. Even more impressive that those guys had a welder that was capable of welding alloy.

No No No, the wheel is NOT welded to the hub. The wheel was tightened with the 2 remaining lugs and Paul welded a bead on the hub ONLY to preven the wheel from coming completely off. It looks as if the weld is on the rim, but it is actually just in front of it.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Sorry to hear about the carnage man!

Glad that you guys made it back o.k.

I am working tons, but let me know if you need any help. Either in early morning or evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94