Baja Style Truck Camper Build

Interested in seeing the interior and the skeleton. I've come to the conclusion that I will have to build my own, also. Nice job! :sombrero:

yj4roks

Observer
Thanks! I will get some pictures over this weekend and get them posted. Interior not finished currently...my kid's sports had taken over but will be ending for the season by mid-May. I have the wiring (minimal) done inside and have LED lights taped to the ceiling to make sure of placement and the switches are just hanging by wire at the moment. Will get back with ya after the weekend.

yj4roks

Observer
Took a quick ride up Nate Harrison Grade last Sunday to get a couple pics not in my driveway. Nice easy ride with great views. Camper handled well with no weird creeks or groans. I also started laying in the insulation I got. Both sides are complete with only the top and doors to do...then paneling goes in. Just barely noticeable are the back up/utility lights above the doors. I didn't want big lights hanging down. They are COB LED lights mounted to custom brackets. I also have the same lights inside. The rear lights are switched via engaging reverse on the truck and also via a switch in the camper...with diode in place.

20150426_074241.jpg
20150426_072310.jpg
20150426_080254.jpg

Last edited:

yj4roks

Observer
I also purchased RV style door catches to install. The rubber catches I currently have work, but only if there is no wind! Those big doors are like sails.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Took a quick ride up Nate Harrison Grade last Sunday to get a couple pics not in my driveway. Nice easy ride with great views. Camper handled well with no weird creeks or groans. I also started laying in the insulation I got. Both sides are complete with only the top and doors to do...then paneling goes in. Just barely noticeable are the back up/utility lights above the doors. I didn't want big lights hanging down. They are COB LED lights mounted to custom brackets. I also have the same lights inside. The rear lights are switched via engaging reverse on the truck and also via a switch in the camper...with diode in place.

View attachment 282598
View attachment 282599
View attachment 282600

Years ago during the week,my wife and I bombed up the grade and nearly got wiped out twice by speeding residents of the reservation.
I used bungies for our Callen in the wind.
Looking good indeed!

laidback

looks nice!

Do you have pics of the interior, not finished...or just the frame?
I'd like to get an idea on how you framed it

yj4roks

Observer
I will get some pics this weekend...I am hoping to get some work done on it now that my kids are done with sports for now.

yj4roks

Observer
I got one quick photo last night of the partially completed interior. Passenger side panel is up and the window is framed. Drive side panel is up but window is not framed yet. Still have the ceiling and cabover portion to complete then trim work, etc. Currently the panels are white vinyl MDF but I may see how cherry stained birch would look. Any thoughts for you all? It's really white in there! LOL. Maybe after adding window coverings it will break it up enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles