Baja off road adventure

lgrt

Adventurer
(HD Video) --> Baja Off Road Adventure Video of the trip.

The stories and pictures of the adventure and all parts along the way:

We are heading out from Seattle with the goal of Cabo San Lucas. We intend to follow the 2007 Baja 1000 race course (more or less) as we explore the desert, mountains and beaches of the Baja.

We will be posting up progress reports and pictures as often as we can on our blog Baja off road adventure.

You can also follow our progress in real time as we broadcast our position via satellite GPS and mapped through Google Maps on our web site.

The rig is packed and ready. We head out tomorrow.

Last edited:

xjaugie

Adventurer
Naches offroad area

Not to highjack the thread, but I went to your site and was watching the videos and noticed the stop at Wistling Jacks Lodge- How cool, When my parents lived out in WA my mother worked there.

May not seem like a big deal, but I'm from the east coast, and they only lived there for a few years while my father worked out there.

Small world.

Andy

lgrt

Adventurer
Not to highjack the thread, but I went to your site and was watching the videos and noticed the stop at Wistling Jacks Lodge- How cool, When my parents lived out in WA my mother worked there.

May not seem like a big deal, but I'm from the east coast, and they only lived there for a few years while my father worked out there.

Small world.

Andy

The further I go out into the world the smaller it seems to get. That is cool about Wistling Jacks. On this adventure when we were in Cabo met some folks from Drewsy, a dinky little town in eastern Or. (pop 500 ish) that my wife's family is from and they knew her relatives. small world big baja adventure

mkitchen

Explorer
It is a small world!

Here I sit, reading your post and I find that Drewsey comes up. I too am from Drewsey though I now live in Kingman AZ. I lived in Drewsey from 1977 through 1984. It is a great town though I think you need to take a vow of poverty to live there.

The New Year's Eve Dance was great fun, as was the Grange midnight suppers. A lot of good people spread out over a lot of wonderful country. In fact Mo and I plan to go back and visit there this summer.
Mikey

lgrt

Adventurer
Here I sit, reading your post and I find that Drewsey comes up. I too am from Drewsey though I now live in Kingman AZ. I lived in Drewsey from 1977 through 1984. It is a great town though I think you need to take a vow of poverty to live there.

The New Year's Eve Dance was great fun, as was the Grange midnight suppers. A lot of good people spread out over a lot of wonderful country. In fact Mo and I plan to go back and visit there this summer.
Mikey

Wow... the world really is that small! Know the Howards or Joyces or (Jamesons from burns) those are the families I married into. It is great county and I like how everyone there knows everyone else, even if the closest neighbor is 50 miles away.

mkitchen

Explorer
How is Tommy?

I remember Tommy Howard and his folks too. If I remember correctly, the Joyce's are in Juntura? Geez, it has been a long time, but good to hear names that I have not thought of for a long time.

On you way back to the states, feel free to put your feet under our table any time you are near. Hope that you are enjoying your tour.
Mikey

lgrt

Adventurer
On you way back to the states, feel free to put your feet under our table any time you are near.

Mikey thank you so much... That really means a lot that you would open your doors to us. Really thank you.

Hopefully we'll both meet on some obscure stretch of sand and share a story or two by a camp fire some day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94