Baja Maps and Guide Books FS

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
SOLD SOLD SOLD

I not planing on going back to Baja again. Grew tired of the border crossing process and some other hassles while down there. No it’s not the violence issue. I’ve never felt in danger and I’ve been going since 1970. So I’m selling all my guide books and maps. Included is the out-of-print Baja Almanac which I have seen listed on here as high as $850. I’m not that greedy so I’m selling my set for $500. Or make an offer. Please no low balls.
84603474813b0e78b01b5b8287d4d6cb.jpg
84603474813b0e78b01b5b8287d4d6cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Off topic but planning a baja trip. what other hassles? Cops?

Just a general thing like military checkpoints. Sometimes they overdo it. But really I don’t like seeing how Baja has changed since my first time in 1970. Anyone wanting to go now should do it. It’s not going to get any better.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
The Baja Almanac is probably the best tool there is for navigating in Baja. Also this one has lots my of marginal notes to get to the out-of-way spots. Before someone starts screaming about me giving away all the secret spots, they are all over the internet. The few that are very remote are either through miles of mud flats or in the mountains. None of my favorites are there.

It’s that time of year when folks are planning their Baja adventures. Better grab these before they’re gone.

biggoolies

Adventurer
Can you lead us to the secret spots or best spots? We are going today!! :) just bought a speargun and bringing my zodiac. I know nothing about baja and have zero guidebooks. Too busy working on my truck to do the research.
E2A5D0EA-B4BA-4FA6-A89E-987E456CC1F3.jpeg

tookstar154

Observer
How about off-road maps for my iPad? Any recommendations anyone? Thanks
Pay for the premium of Gaia. You can then download map files offline. My first time using it will be in a couple weeks when I head down to prerun my section for the 1000, but it allows me to overlay a GPX file on top of the map. Seems like it should work well.

spikemd

Explorer
Gaia and even google maps are good, but no where near the detail of the original Baja Almanac. I have one from 10 years ago. I haven't compared the Baja maps to the Earthmate app for my Garmin InReach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles