Baja California

Grenadiers

Adventurer
Well, for all trips into Baja, you need a FMM tourist visa. On occasion, you might get stopped to produce that visa. At Mexicali West, immigration office is the white building on the left. Banjercito is there too, one stop!

Tucsontom

Adventurer
Thanks - I have never done that since 2006 and about 20 trips BUT I have never ventured into Baja Sur either. It is also my understanding that you can not get the FMM visa in Guerrero Negro - you need to do it at the US/Mex border.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Thanks - I have never done that since 2006 and about 20 trips BUT I have never ventured into Baja Sur either. It is also my understanding that you can not get the FMM visa in Guerrero Negro - you need to do it at the US/Mex border.
Very true...every time we have stopped to get our tourist permit they told me I do not need it. Never had them ask for it. But now with Covid...who knows!

JESSE A

Adventurer
I have been doing 2 to 3 trips per year to LA Bay, Baja races and Gonzaga. 2 this fall and one in a couple weeks. But later this spring we want to get to Conception Bay area - is any paperwork - Mexican visas or otherwise required to head into Baja Sur? We usually cross in San Luis R.C. or Mexicali for our other trips and never need anything. They typically do a light inspection and send us on our way.
It was pretty much the same as you stated. Light inspection, the normal paperwork, we haven't had any issues so far.

JESSE A

Adventurer
Well, for all trips into Baja, you need a FMM tourist visa. On occasion, you might get stopped to produce that visa. At Mexicali West, immigration office is the white building on the left. Banjercito is there too, one stop!
Yup, we have our FFMs, Mexico insurance, and vehicle registration.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
The rule I use in Baja is you don't need the FMM until you need the FMM. Having been asked for one in Baja Sur at a checkpoint many years ago I now get one online ahead of time. It makes the process at immigration go faster since it's already filled out. It costs as much as $27 to do it online, and you have to pay a Mexican bank on line (Don't forget the receipt!)

I like the BajaBound Insurance company website. I usually get insurance through them - they have a lot of good FAQ's for crossing and traveling in Mexico https://www.bajabound.com/before/

JESSE A

Adventurer
IMG_1515.jpg
After La Paz we headed to the small coastal town of Todos Santos where we watched them release baby sea turtles and camped on the beach for a few nights.
IMG_1562.jpg
The truck campers were great, it allowed us to be super mobile. All of us were working remotely throughout the trip. This day we hit a coffee shop in town.
IMG_1570.jpg
IMG_1741.jpg
We eventually made it to Cabo where we opted for a resort for a few days. We are all fulltime RVers back in the states so it was nice to get a vacation from our rigs/trailers.
IMG_1838.jpg

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Those baby sea turtles! They look so cuddly I just want to hold them..

Todos looks beautiful! It's been over 20 years since I was there.

Awesome trip reporting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94