badm0t0rfinger's 2014 Raptor build

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Does the Raptor use the same EPAS steering system the other trucks do?

I'm going to be honest with you, I don't know. A quick search confirms the 2017+ definitely do, and that the non-raptor F150s have had it since roughly 2011 at least so I would have to assume that these trucks have it as well.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
So I woke up this morning to find out that the DOD has effectively cancelled all transfers from one station to the other, which I'm in the middle of, so I'm in a bit of a limbo situation.

Grassland

Sorry to hear you are stuck in limbo man.
Our trip to Florida in a week just got cancelled, and we are out a bunch of $ now.
And if you think your truck is a mess and you have been living out of it a while, just feel good knowing I routinely see trucks 10x worse in my trade, and even for people who work a 9-5 desk job lol.
Trucks looking good. Hope you make the best of everything!

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Sorry to hear you are stuck in limbo man.
Our trip to Florida in a week just got cancelled, and we are out a bunch of $ now.
And if you think your truck is a mess and you have been living out of it a while, just feel good knowing I routinely see trucks 10x worse in my trade, and even for people who work a 9-5 desk job lol.
Trucks looking good. Hope you make the best of everything!

Dude, that sucks! I'm sorry you're dealing with that.

I think my truck is a mess partly because I'm unrepentant clean freak.

Thank you and I will!

phsycle

Adventurer
Sorry to hear. I’m sure it’ll all be back to norm soon. I’m sure it’s a good feeling knowing you’ve got a solid vehicle to fall back on if things do get worse. Looks like you put the Rotopax/molle and other tactical ovlnd gear to good use, so you get a pass :p

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Sorry to hear. I’m sure it’ll all be back to norm soon. I’m sure it’s a good feeling knowing you’ve got a solid vehicle to fall back on if things do get worse. Looks like you put the Rotopax/molle and other tactical ovlnd gear to good use, so you get a pass :p

OH THANK YOU ARBITER OF OVERLAND GEAR :p

Anyways, I couldn't stay holed up in my hotel all weekend so I ended up driving around and found a nice little spot to take some pictures.

IFMKDyf.jpg

If you ever get over by WV again, there's some good trails around, if you know where to look. There are some jeep groups around the Jefferson National Forest area that bring some full sizes along to pull them out when they get stuck. I haven't been with them in a while, but it'd be cool to do a Raptor vs. PW ride one day.

Attachments

• 8AB0DE97-D57C-4E38-8B9E-75352526AA68.jpg
    8AB0DE97-D57C-4E38-8B9E-75352526AA68.jpg
    617 KB · Views: 33

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
If you ever get over by WV again, there's some good trails around, if you know where to look. There are some jeep groups around the Jefferson National Forest area that bring some full sizes along to pull them out when they get stuck. I haven't been with them in a while, but it'd be cool to do a Raptor vs. PW ride one day.

At this rate I don't think I'll ever leave Georgia!

I wish I had more time in West Virginia, I really fell in love with driving through that state. I think the Power Wagon would run circles on a lot of the trails out there... then again a Jeep would run circles about both!

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I don't mean to spam this thread with vlog stuff; I originally only wanted to post stuff related to overlanding/building my truck but with things the way they are.... I'm pretty limited.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Okay so I finally got around to doing some more truck related items. I cleaned up the truck and and rearranged a lot of things, and decided to tackle some of the surface rust on the frame rail and especially the hitch mount, but while I was underneath I noticed this:

Is this also on your guys F150s? What about on the GEN2s? I'm thinking an easy, but less than elegant solution would be to just weld a small piece of metal right there so it doesn't get pinched, but a more elegant solution would be to reroute around or just below that body mount.

mobob

I moved that bundle up on my 2014 Raptor and used a frame clip to hold it on the outside of that body mount in your picture. I used some fiber inner duct used to protect fiber optics cable to cover and protect it around the mount. There is also a bundle exposed below the front fender well liner by the top of the shock mount that should be protected there as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
So you're stuck in limbo? Can't go back to previous posting and can't continue to new one?

Yes, I've been given orders to maintain a holding pattern. I talked with them about the cost implications of staying in a hotel until May, their response was "IDC LOL". I've been checking in with a local command about twice a week, but other than that I've been trying my best to maintain social distancing. I did have the transfer case on my Jeep grenade on me, but I ended up just giving that to

@mobob, I'll have to take a look at the exposed bundle inside the shock mount as well. Right now I think I'm going to try and make a plate that protects the bottom side and moves it up towards the body mount. I'll probably mock up some cardboard when I get a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles