badm0t0rfinger's 2014 Raptor build

D

Deleted member 9101

Curious to hear what your plans are for cutting up a trailer?

Lengthen the rear about 2' of the frame and add a generator and storage box. Hopefully I can find one with a roof that can support a light weight deck (for watching races) and improve the interior. I'll also add more battery capacity so the fridge can be run while going down the road.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Lengthen the rear about 2' of the frame and add a generator and storage box. Hopefully I can find one with a roof that can support a light weight deck (for watching races) and improve the interior. I'll also add more battery capacity so the fridge can be run while going down the road.
Yes, my wife wants to redo the interior of ours as well. Paint the cabinets a lighter color, re-upholster, lighter color flooring etc...

I believe with certain trailers, the fridge can be powered when plugged into the truck.

I know our tent trailer was like that (3 way fridge) but our current trailer is not. It was a very nice feature that we miss.

D

Deleted member 9101

Yes, my wife wants to redo the interior of ours as well. Paint the cabinets a lighter color, re-upholster, lighter color flooring etc...

I believe with certain trailers, the fridge can be powered when plugged into the truck.

I know our tent trailer was like that (3 way fridge) but our current trailer is not. It was a very nice feature that we miss.

I don't know why they use such dark colors inside of travel trailers.

My dads trailer has the 3 way fridge and runs off the battery and solar when he's on the road. When he sets up in a camp ground everything charges up and is ready for the next days journey.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I don't know why they use such dark colors inside of travel trailers.

My dads trailer has the 3 way fridge and runs off the battery and solar when he's on the road. When he sets up in a camp ground everything charges up and is ready for the next days journey.
No clue. Why not go brighter and make it more airy? I am noticing some of the new trailers are starting to offer this. Maybe someone is seeing all the trailer renos on Pinterest? haha

Capture.PNG

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Its not directly related to my build, but I took the ski out today. It was 60 degrees and the water temp in the mid 50s. It was great fun! I only got about 45 minutes out on the water. Took it out into the bay, got it up to about 50, cleaned it off and put it away. I'm gonna pop the "hood" of it and just make sure all the hoses and what not are good to go before taking it out this weekend for another longer adventure.

And I'm not gonna BS you guys.... the ski is WAY harder to back up onto the ramp than a boat.

ITTOG

Its not directly related to my build, but I took the ski out today. It was 60 degrees and the water temp in the mid 50s. It was great fun! I only got about 45 minutes out on the water. Took it out into the bay, got it up to about 50, cleaned it off and put it away. I'm gonna pop the "hood" of it and just make sure all the hoses and what not are good to go before taking it out this weekend for another longer adventure.

And I'm not gonna BS you guys.... the ski is WAY harder to back up onto the ramp than a boat.
Short trailers are no fun.
When backing up, the shorter the trailer, the slower you must go. If you don't have them, get trailer posts and it will help you tremendously.

What model is your ski? I have two RXP's. Love them. Nothing like going 75 mph across the water.

I blacked this one out. The other one is exactly like it but still has the chrome on it.
IMG_20180816_184502.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior