Bad influence

86cj

Explorer

I can't blame you guys for the Durabak, But the 36" Accuride slides have Expedition Portal written all over them....

I also can't blame you guys for the new Pelican cases I knew about them, But the Kermit chairs.....Portal Guilty again......

I have a perfectly fine stainless coleman cooler, But if I buy a ARB fridge I have completely lost will power and may be prevented from visiting anymore.

Have you guys ever had to do an intervention?? I was just notified, the Partner Steel stove has shipped.....

ZooJunkie

Explorer
There's an old saying over at head-fi.org that I belong to.

"Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet."

:D

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Man, I can second that statement about "sorry about your wallet".

I went on a binge looking for the right portable listening setup. Before I knew it, I had a Headroom portable Desktop amp with the upgraded external power supply, upgraded circuitry, Sennheiser HD 600's, and for traveling, the Etymotic Research ER-4 pro canal phones. In short order, I'd spent about $1600 for a headphone setup. I can't even tell most people, because they just wouldn't understand.

Having your own private, portable concert hall is rather sweet though.

About the Partner Steel stove, how portable are these? I've been mainly using a couple MSR stoves (since I already had them), but I find that they're a little small for cooking for more than 2-3 people. Their benefits are very compact size for storage and that since they're 2 separate burners, I can stow them seperately or take one of them hiking. Quite versatile, but small size limits the size of meals I can prepare. What size propane tank do you carry?

Oh, and get the fridge, you won't ever regret it. Even after you've had to upgrade your main battery, install a second battery and dual battery system. It's an investment, but worth it. Mine freelances as my upstairs beer fridge during football season (unless I'm camping).

ZooJunkie

Explorer
tdesanto said:
Man, I can second that statement about "sorry about your wallet".

I went on a binge looking for the right portable listening setup. Before I knew it, I had a Headroom portable Desktop amp with the upgraded external power supply, upgraded circuitry, Sennheiser HD 600's, and for traveling, the Etymotic Research ER-4 pro canal phones. In short order, I'd spent about $1600 for a headphone setup. I can't even tell most people, because they just wouldn't understand.

Having your own private, portable concert hall is rather sweet though.

Same here... I have about 6 headphones, ranging from Beyerdynamics, AKG, Audio Technica, Grado, and Sony. Plus I have 2 amps and an assortment of cables I made for myself. I need to find a way to bring my full sized headcans on trips with me. :punk03:

86cj

Explorer
originally posted by tdesanto
About the Partner Steel stove, how portable are these? I've been mainly using a couple MSR stoves (since I already had them), but I find that they're a little small for cooking for more than 2-3 people. Their benefits are very compact size for storage and that since they're 2 separate burners, I can stow them seperately or take one of them hiking. Quite versatile, but small size limits the size of meals I can prepare. What size propane tank do you carry?

Oh, and get the fridge, you won't ever regret it. Even after you've had to upgrade your main battery, install a second battery and dual battery system. It's an investment, but worth it. Mine freelances as my upstairs beer fridge during football season (unless I'm camping).

I don't have the Partner stove yet (UPS says the 5th) but most of them are quite stout. One of the reasons I choose it was for the small size, it is the 16" size 2 burner. I was going to get the two burner fold in half style for it's small size but the one I chose will fit my storage layout better.

My perfectly good cooler, ("holds ice great")...... ("Jeep needs gas, get some ice policy")..... also has a nice fat power wire mounted next to it humm......

I am at ONE yellowtop and holding..........

LALALA.....Not listening.......

Thanks, SCOT

Last edited:

86cj

Explorer
expeditionswest ExPo made me do it

Great looking mods to the Jeep. Looking forward to the finished pictures.

I have been busy this summer so progress has been slow. Here is the latest cargo incarnation, I raised the Tuffy box and added some Rollcage bars. I did not install the 36" slides in the rear yet, but the holes are tapped and ready. I can't decide weather to make a flat pull out shelf for the pelican. Or use a sealed alum box w/lid as a pullout and use the lid for a shelf. The size of the rear hole is 24"x36"x7.5".

There is also storage under the front of the big Tuffy box that is 8"x36"x12" . Access is a little tight, but the double hinge works out great as a door or a shelf and the expanded metal allows stuff to dry after a good rain. When on the road the door can be left in different positions for co-pilot access. Security is just a chain and lock till I work out a hasp.

The roll cage harness bar and side bars are what slowed me down a bit.. (My first use of the new bender)....The Durabak got pushed to this winter also...

The big Tuffy box can be reached from drivers seat while underway, just push the button and the struts open it. The front door of the big box can be reached quickly standing outside pass door. Alot of comprimises were hashed out for clearance on most everything, but the tailgate shuts and the seat is still comfy....

It all fit and worked out well... I even had room inside for a couple bundles of local firewood on its camping trip thru NY VT NH & ME in Sept.

Edit; The Partner stove is a work of fine craftsmanship (really HD) and my wife loves the burner control (everybodys happy)..........

Last edited:

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Looks like your set-up is working out great! Adventure Trailers has Partner build them a stove that goes inside their Horizon models. The Partner is one of the nicest pieces of gear that I've owned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior