BAD AIM 2003 Z71 Suburban

Lykos

Super Trucker
Mounting isn't that bad really. You'll need to drop your headliner to secure the upper mounting bolts. In these pics you'll see the plates used and how they attach to the roof. No rifling is required.

FA675447-4699-4BD2-9E32-913484AA5181.jpeg

Attachments

• 026292E8-97A6-4FDF-B125-7D2826F277B7.jpeg
    026292E8-97A6-4FDF-B125-7D2826F277B7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 796BD6AE-D3BD-4C49-8124-50BD2C6D10DC.jpeg
    796BD6AE-D3BD-4C49-8124-50BD2C6D10DC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • 125B6A21-24A3-44D0-AF90-B3D5A63C3936.jpeg
    125B6A21-24A3-44D0-AF90-B3D5A63C3936.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19

Lykos

Super Trucker
The front bolt will need to poke through the headliner.
Darrell made me promise to tell you about the socket trick. ?? You install the mounting bolt,then the headliner. At this point I had some overly complicated method of finding the right spot and drilling a hole.
No.
You use a rubber mallet to womp the headliner to find the bolt. Then you put the big end of a socket over the indentation made by the bolt and womp it with the mallet. The bolt will come through the headliner into the socket. Easy peasy.

Note: At no point will you drill through metal. The upper mounts use existing holes.

Last edited:

Lykos

Super Trucker
The lower mounts do require you drill through the plastic in your interior panels. License plate bungs go in the holes you drill. Weight is supported by the solid upper mounts and the lower mounts hold the PSD in place,
Here is a pic of the rear mounting bracket installed.
If you look close you can see where we tried to use one lower mounting point but itdidn't work. The final product will have these issues worked out.

I may go back and use a rivnut instead of the plastic bung.
0C3D48EA-4322-48D9-BA7F-0F9598A5D1D5.jpeg

Last edited:

Lykos

Super Trucker
I'm as happy with the final product as I could possibly be. They fit well on both sides and add a ton of usable storage space. They do flex a little as should be expecteced with panels this size but not to the detriment of their function. I don't know if there's an official working load limit on the panels though they are very solid and I expect no issues with hanging bags and properly mounted tools. Darrell told me he'll be tweaking a few things before they go live on the website.
Orange Boxx Fab can do custom designs and artwork for an additional cost. All I had done was the Chevy bowtie cutout.
I'm not sure what exactly the final price will be as I got a discount for being this products guinea pig. If you want a set reach out to Darrell on https://www.orangeboxxfabrication.com/ and he'll get you straight.

Lykos

Super Trucker
Y'all have no idea how hard it is to make this many posts while unwinding with MAKERS 46. LoL
?

❤️ ✌️ and ? grease!

Overlandtowater

So I've been busy with other projects this summer and haven't messed with the burb as of much lately.
View attachment 557648

I picked up this 1986, 61,000 miles 1986 survivor car and absolutely love it! It's my second Gbody and I've got grand plans. I've already picked up a 6.0 lq4 for an ls swap! Problem is I can't stop driving it enough to work on it. LOL
I transferred the Burbs BAD AIM tags to the SS and picked up some DONT TREAD ON ME tags. Given the current political situation here in VA they may be more than a decoration. ?
Well lets see the burb tags....I finally got my Gadsden Flag tags

rayra

Expedition Leader
I transferred the Burbs BAD AIM tags to the SS and picked up some DONT TREAD ON ME tags. Given the current political situation here in VA they may be more than a decoration. ?

What a Suburban Assault Wessel is made for. Best of luck on the 20th. Wish I could be there to help.

Lykos

Super Trucker
What a Suburban Assault Wessel is made for. Best of luck on the 20th. Wish I could be there to help.

I put in for the 20th off to ride up for lobby day. It's going to be intense. Local gun stores are chartering busses for the trip.
No offense to Cali when I say this... But they've not tried this mess on the south. Our culture, is a different animal altogether.
Hopefully we'll stop it in it's tracks and in doing so a build a roadmap for others to take their own states back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles