Back on the Market! 2003 Mitsubishi Fuso FG Expedition Truck

jimbol

For Sale: 2003 Mitsubishi Fuso FG Expedition Truck, Denver, CO, approx 200,000 miles, $55000 New price at November 2020 relisting!!

Currently located in Denver.

I bought this two years back for an epic trip that didn’t materialize. Instead I’ve used it as a great fishing wagon up high in the rockies. This truck is tough and cool, not super pretty, but strong and functional. It’s got a ton of solar that keeps everything working and you have to build in extra time when traveling - everyone wants to have a look and talk about the truck.

This is a solid truck with great components, but not a beautiful or fancy interior, in fact it's a bit rough, but completely functional. Lots of Headroom!

I had the springs reworked, put in a Truma on demand water heater, installed a TV, Cellular internet with Wifi, you can stream Netflix when you’re near civilization! You can monitor the state of the electrical system from home with Victon’s webpage and app. Replaced a cracked exhaust manifold.

It’s very well insulated, and stays quite cool if you pull the shades on the sunny side.

500 miles ago, new tires, brake job, all fluids, filters.

It has a Morgan Truck Body 14'x7.5' FRP Cargo body w/ Rear Enclosed to form the shell, a professional truck up-fitter mounted it then installed a Pass Thru / Crawl Thru along with stairs and robust box spring mounting system with limiters. Lots of maintenance records of the truck and the previous owner installed new gaskets & seals on most parts of the engine. During the summer of 2016 it had a overhaul with the installation of a new transmission and transfer case NOS.

Also installed:

National Air Ride Truck seats, grey leather w/ heater units (heater not installed)
ViAir air compressor with air tool connection and plumbed into the seats
Earthcruiser Radflo Shocks, plus 1 spare
Outbound Motorhome Products Windows w/ Blackout Shades & Bug Screens, and security coverplates.
Climate Rite 5000 BTU mobile A/C unit – in Garage, I’ve never used except to test.
Vitrifridgo DP2600 12v Marine Fridge/Freezer – Awesome.
Ram mounts for Ipad and Iphones
Lots of extra 12 volt power in the cab and living area, and plenty of 120v outlets.
Blue Sea DC & AC Fuse Panels
LED Interior Lights
MaxAirr Main Vent fan (able to be used in the rain)
Solar Vent Fans for Fridge & Bathroom Ventilation
Thetford Cassette Toilet w/ wet bath shower
Victron Electronics 12/3000 Smart Charger/Inverter
Victron Color ControlGX Monitor
Victron BlueSolar 75/150 Solar Charger
Victron 12/200amp Telecom AGM batteries (x3 @ 600amp hours)
900 watts of Solar Panels on Roof
Dynastic Memory Foam Mattress with Froli Star springs underneath – comfy.
Granite Counter-Top w/ Stainless Steel Sink
Lagun Table Mount (allows for 360* movement of table, very helpful in small space)
40Gal Freshwater Tank w/ Water Filtration System and filter spares
Extendable 14' Ladder for roof access(really cool)
12500 Warn Winch & steel cable
ATW 19.5 Rims w/ Toyo Tires (5)
Custom Rear & Front Bumpers
5 Fuel Cans (4 Diesel & 1 Petrol)
Custom roof rack
a bunch of extras included

It's got lots of good and some bad, of course - in the interest of full disclosure :
-There is no Grey tank, the grey water is routed to the back and I usually put a jug under the drain with a hose for containment.
-There is no permanent propane connection, I never got around to it. I just used camping gas cylinders which gives you a couple of showers since it is an on demand heater.
-the interior upholstery is pretty mediocre, the previous owner did it himself and all my good intentions of reupholstering it professionally have not been fulfilled!

There was a link to a bunch of pics from the previous owner , but it looks like that is no longer live...
Bummer, that is what I was relying on for pictures! I just uploaded a few more pics, which should give a better idea of what we're looking at.

and the buildout thread here:
https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/our-new-fuso-fg-build.129904/

IMG_3386.jpeg
MUIU5504.jpeg
IMG_4448.jpeg
IMG_3268.jpeg
IMG_3270.jpeg
IMG_3271.jpeg
IMG_3265.jpeg

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachments/image1-1-jpg.396426/

Last edited:
I think you hit sweet spot pricing for folks looking for a turnkey rig that will last a looooong time. An easy upgrade that might help you sell is an SOG kit for your cassette toilet. No chemicals, no smell, and you can use regular fluffy toilet paper :)

https://www.soguk.co.uk/

jimbol

I think you hit sweet spot pricing for folks looking for a turnkey rig that will last a looooong time. An easy upgrade that might help you sell is an SOG kit for your cassette toilet. No chemicals, no smell, and you can use regular fluffy toilet paper :)

https://www.soguk.co.uk/
That's an interesting addition. I haven't had any smell issues with the current setup, however. I like the rollaway of the Thetford and the ability to use a pit toilet or regular toilet to dump, many more places to empty than just RV pumpout stations.

DMPsound

all i have is 45K... if i had sold my build i am doing now... i would of had the 55K... awesome build and price... i wish i had the funds in the bank to grab this before its gone... i wish you well !!! and hope to see the new owners on the road some day to check it out closer :)

DGOlc100

Super cool. Some questions.

Did you do the manifold, brakes, etc. yourself or were they done at a shop? Anything mechanically that should be addressed by the next owner? Is there anything that would make you hesitate to take it on a trip right now?

Manual or Auto? Does it have 2 speed transfer case for 4x4?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles