Back into a WJ

MagnutsWJ

Observer
A few years ago I had a 2004 WJ that treated me unbelievably well. I ended up selling it with 319,000 kms. I had put a lot of work into it and still missed it when I would see a nice WJ on the road.
jeep1.jpg

After that I owned and built up a GMC 1500hd that was also very good to me. I was given a brand new Dodge 1 ton Diesel for work, so my truck went up for sale.
1500hd.jpg

My fiance was recently telling me that she wasn't a big fan of her Honda Element, so we started discussing getting another WJ. Looked online, and went to check out two different ones last weekend. The first was real beat up, but the second was in great shape. a 2002 Limited with a clean and fully loaded interior, lady driven, and has the H.O. 4.7. And only 160,000 km!
jeep2.JPG
jeep 3.JPG
jeep4.JPG

It has a crack in the front bumper cover, but I have fabricator that i work with quite often. He is trading me some left over steel for the labour on building a custom steel bumper, with flush mount LED lights. I picked up some brand new 245/75/16 duratracs off kijiji and some used silverblades that will get a gunmetal paintjob. Ordered a BB with shocks and stabilizer last night. I'll likely also get an Addco rear sway bar. Had one on the last one and made a big difference.

Happy to be back in a WJ!

tarditi

Explorer
Congrats!

At least it's apparent where the damage was versus a cheap fix hiding it until you discover it later!

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Great Jeep! :beer:
I had an '04 Overland that was just awesome. Really like that vintage.
Nice to see the aftermarket support growing for the WJ.

jpat30

Adventurer
Welcome Back......(cue Kotter theme song -)LOL Nice WJ. I ran a BB with 245 75 16 for a while on my WJ; its a great combo. Make sure to post up some pics after your lift and tires

MagnutsWJ

Observer
Installed the BB yesterday and painted up the silverblades. Heading to the tire shop Tuesday morning. I'll post pics once it's all put together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrWesson

Adventurer
I've had 2 4.7 4x4's.

First go round was great and a DD with a BMW in between(also great) the one I have now is still in occasional service(towing/off road) but was my DD for a few years.

All that and I only paid $2,500 for the last one(4 years ago). Had the radiator go out on both of them(probably original) but other than that its been smooth sailing.

MagnutsWJ

Observer
491d609b914ce2c75bf798cf9c0f8407.jpg
3c538c7c4785e030cc7bb8c60aac7f24.jpg

Much better stance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne