Back Country 06 Tundra build

TexasD-90

Adventurer
I'm new to the Tundra world. I've built myself several land cruisers over the years (2-80 series, a 100 and a 40). My business has brought me to a point where I need a pickup for deliveries and going to events/shows. I settled on the 2006 DC 4x4 Tundra. So far, I love it. I will be building this truck into our show truck for our off road/overland shop.

Started off as a clean truck with a clean history and 124k miles. Been well cared for, even had the timing belt and water pump done by the dealer at 102k miles.

List of things accomplished:
- remove nerf bars
- FN Wheels, 5 star wheels (16x8, 25mm bs)
- Goodyear Duratrac 285/75r16 tires
- Bedslide
- SnoMaster Fridge

Things to come:
- Icon suspension (on its way now)
- Upper control arms
- custom front bumper
- custom rear bumper
- custom rock sliders
- ComeUp winch
- Switch Pros panel
- Baja Designs lighting
- Weather Tech floor mats
- Rhino Rack platform on custom bed rack
- air compressor

We will use the truck as our family adventure rig pulling our turtleback trailer. It will also be used as a show truck and gear hauler for my business.

IMG_2380.jpg
IMG_2375.jpg
IMG_2438.jpg
IMG_2440.jpg
IMG_2519.jpg
IMG_2518.jpg

Last edited:

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Looks great. I love my 06. Ive been very happy with my 5 Stars on my winter setup. They look great on the truck and the offset is perfect. Can't wait to see it evolve.

Jealous of the topper. Keeping my eye out hoping I can find a used one locally. No luck so far.

Last edited:

MobTuff

Observer
What are everyone's opinions on UCAs? Total Chaos, Camburg or SPC? And WHY??

I started with Camburg UCAs on my first Tundra. They required ongoing maintenance and squeaked like crazy as soon as dirt gets into the heim joint. Also the bushings wore out almost yearly for me.

I now I have the SPC UCAs and I'm happy with them. I've had them now for about a year with no issues or noises.

TexasD-90

Adventurer
Thanks. I'm between the SPC and TC arms. I like the adjustability of the SPC because I'd like to move my tire forward in the wheel well a bit. The TC arms will allow more travel, but I think the coilovers will bottom out before the UCA will on either.

smokeysevin

Observer
I have had my camburg arms for 5 years and they have been flawless. Uniballs are wear items so when they squeak bad or get loose you replace them. Same as any other ball joint.

TC arms are about the same but they are more expensive.

I can't comment on the SPC's

Sean

Loubaru

Adventurer
I have had my camburg arms for 5 years and they have been flawless. Uniballs are wear items so when they squeak bad or get loose you replace them. Same as any other ball joint.

TC arms are about the same but they are more expensive.

I can't comment on the SPC's

Sean

How often have you had to replace the uniballs?

smokeysevin

Observer
Once about 3 months ago. They were groaning really loudly and the Teflon spray didnt help anymore.

Sean

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles