Baby Rover Video

swrider

Observer
So definitely NOT a video from offroading / over landing aficionados, but it does show quite nicely from a point of view completely different than what you would find on here.
I was very doubtful about the capabilities of an Evoque, but I guess it can do quite nicely if called upon to go off pavement.
So watch and enjoy, just keep in mind this isn't a video by offroaders, just a video from a couple of dudes that wanted to see whats up.
Explicit language to follow and probably one of the funniest lines i've heard in awhile:
"It's not the size, it's the surprise!!!

Enjoy for a laugh or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emjzlLS6S2U

Silmarillion

Observer
That looks like a ton of fun! I wish I had a spot like that near my house.

Looks like the Evoque hung in there very well. Does it have air suspension like the LR3/Range Rover? (had to watch with no sound if it was answered in the video, sorry)

Cupboard

No, they don't have air suspension.
Some (if not all) have adjustable dampers.

The platform is evolved from the Freelander which itself shared some underpinnings with the Ford Mondeo. The Disco Sport is the next step in the evolution.

MrWesson

Adventurer
Looks like fun and cool to see someone do it for the first time.

A word of advice though.. Slow down a bit especially in the water. Look up a bow wave because at a couple of points you could have gotten water into the intake/engine. Approach slow and create a small wave in front of the bumper and follow is the general idea.. Are you guys in Hawaii? The scenery is amazing.

The Evoque has a great 4wd system and the only hangup i've seen in videos is the flex/articulation and maybe ground clearance. It will get the job done either way and I think they look cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne