Baby Jeep 2015 Renegade?

Scott Brady

Founder
I think it is cool, and will help Jeep achieve CAFE numbers. The market needs a genuinely trail appropriate little Jeep to compete with RAV4, CRV, etc.

The Fiat Panda is a tough little machine.

zelatore

Explorer
Unlike many here I actually respect and like Fiat (used to race an Alfa myself and prefer a small good-handling car). So I'm not crying because it's sharing tech/platform with a Panda or even a 500. But the styling doesn't do anything for me. I'd rather see a 'mini wrangler', not an uglier rav4. Or they could use this platform to bring out a real replacement for the XJ. The new Cherokee seems like a reasonable vehicle in it's own right, but the faithful would embrace a more utilitarian, boxy, modern XJ. I just don't know if the general public would flock to it (?)

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
I like it. It's not a hard-core wheeler, but that's what the Wrangler is for, right? I think it's a good way to get more people into the Jeep brand, and have them aspire to own a Grand Cherokee or Wrangler.

Andy

afbond03

Adventurer
I agree that it could be a good step in offering something in the Jeep brand to sway people from the Nissan Cube and the Scion XB. Basically folks looking for their kids first vehicle this might be a good choice. I have come to the conclusion that the Wrangler will be the only thing Jeep continues to build for off-road folks. I believe they are to afraid to build a real Cherokee at this time,which truth be told as much as vehicles cost these days it would probably end up running the same as a Wrangler so people would probably continue to buy the Wrangler.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Cute looking Fiat Panda there! So where does it fit in the Jeep line-up? Replacing either the Patriot or Compass or in addition to them? If it replaces one of the above, why not; I think it looks better than either, the Patriot or Compass. Honestly, I don't mind these cute-utes as they hopefully help Jeep to keep the Wrangler a true Wrangler.

camodog

Adventurer
ku-xlarge.jpg

I am actually starting to like this thing.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
Cute looking Fiat Panda there! So where does it fit in the Jeep line-up? Replacing either the Patriot or Compass or in addition to them? If it replaces one of the above, why not; I think it looks better than either, the Patriot or Compass. Honestly, I don't mind these cute-utes as they hopefully help Jeep to keep the Wrangler a true Wrangler.

Exactly. I'm told it will slot under the Patriot, by the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ihatemybike

Explorer
It's a heck of a lot more Jeep looking than the KL. Rumor has it that it will have the same nine speed with low range as the KL, so like the KL it will be the most capable CUV of it's size. Both the MK variants are supposed to be discontinued relatively soon.

There really is no market for a new XJ anymore, all the competitors would be too car like and most buyers would chose a more car like ride. The JKU fills what would be the XJ's market, so why waste the money developing another model.

Remember, every new Jeep gets dissed by the purists at first. The XJ was severely hated cause of its uniframe construction, no more cheap body lifts. The YJ had stupid rectangle headlights and ride was more orientated to the road, was called a college girls jeep. The XJ had terrible coil springs. With the JK the Wrangler has just grown to big and wide, while the JKU is too long to be good on the trails.

The way I see it, Jeep needs to build CUVs and cars (yes cars) and compete directly with Subaru's market while keeping the Wrangler and Grand capable and mostly easily modifiable.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94