AZ Trail Run, Last Minute (4/14): Smiley Rock

Scott Brady

Founder
I am going to run the Smiley Rock trail with the Expeditions West Tacoma and the 05 ARB Tacoma this weekend for an article in Off-Road.

Come along!

This is a 2.5 Rated Trail with sliders recommended, but not required.

There will be two meeting locations:

7:45 am- Cuppers Coffee Shop on Cortez in Downtown Prescott
9:00 am- 89a and the Potato Patch Campground Parking Lot (the one on the East side of the Road)
2:00 pm- Off the trail and eating cow in Jerome!

This is a short, fun trail in the forest with some good boulder sections, cambered climbs, etc. We will end the day with insane burgers at the Haunted Hamburger in Jerome!

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
bummer!

We're heading to Phx for a D'Backs game on Sat nite...

Ran the trail 15 Mar 07 down hill after work - it was as rough as I've ever seen it. I actually needed 4x4 - first time ever when going down hill. Got into a spot where both the front and rear were climbing on opposite corners

I also unstacked the first obstical when coming up the canyon...

I'll bet a $100.00 it's been restacked.

I moved at least a hundred rocks, several in the 24' x 18' x 12'' range - pretty much as big as I could do by myself. That exposed "the tooth" again making the trail a tad bit more fun.

Also, as your coming up the canyon people have been going over the dam on the stock tank. That's a bad deal... The flooding that made the route rougher made the road to the left of the tank harder to see so they've started to climb the dam instead.

Have fun!

Mark

Last edited:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
expeditionswest said:
It is Jared, my brother-in-law :) He is just screwing with me... :snorkel:

ok... wasn't sure if there was some pot farmers stacking rocks or something...:hehe:

Willman

FATZ said:
The Weed is bringing it!!!

I see whats going on here now!!!...J/k

:xxrotflma

:ylsmoke:

Looks like a great run! I'll have to pass on this one!

:smiley_drive:

Scott Brady

Founder
Just to clarify... :ylsmoke:

His name is Jared, which at some point in his life (I think because of how fast he grew as a kid), his name became Jaweed, which has now been shortened to just Weed. An endearing name don't you think...

So, the Weed is bringing his Jeep, which I have been helping him mod for trails.

That gets us back to "The Weed is bringing it"

Drugs have never been a part of my life, but you can't choose your relatives :hehe:

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
Down, from Potato to Jerome :)

:safari-rig:

OK, we'll see how late we get in on Sunday morning. If I show up, I'll be coming in via Perkinsville Rd. up the canyon.

Willman

expeditionswest said:
Just to clarify... :ylsmoke:

His name is Jared, which at some point in his life (I think because of how fast he grew as a kid), his name became Jaweed, which has now been shortened to just Weed. An endearing name don't you think...

So, the Weed is bringing his Jeep, which I have been helping him mod for trails.

That gets us back to "The Weed is bringing it"

Drugs have never been a part of my life, but you can't choose your relatives :hehe:

That is funny nick-name!!!!

No bad feelings here!! I had no intention of pointing out that their was drug use going on here!!!....It was just a joke!....Sorry...Couldn't hold myself back on that one!...

Sounds like you have a pretty funny cousin! Have fun with your up and coming trail run!

:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles