AZ Trail Run, Last Minute (4/14): Smiley Rock

AZTrooper

Adventurer
I don't have a CB yet, is anyone willing to give me their cell phone number in case I need directions or something?

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
AZTrooper said:
I don't have a CB yet, is anyone willing to give me their cell phone number in case I need directions or something?

Just sent you a PM

See everyone tomorrow :truck:

CodyLX450

Adventurer
I'll be seeing whoever's meeting at the coffeeshop in Prescott in about an hour and a half.

Should be a fun trail in my Lexus. :)

CodyLX450

Adventurer
Nicole and I had to leave a little early since we have prior dinner plans and didn't except the run to take as long as it did - so we left the group at The Asylum.

We definately had a ton of fun, and thanks to the excellent spotting on hairy obstacles, I couldn't find a scratch (besides AZ pin striping) on the LX.

Thanks guys!

CodyLX450

Adventurer
IMG_0150.jpg

I like this one because it looks like I'm driving and spotting myself...haha

IMG_0151.jpg

AZTrooper

Adventurer
Seriously... That was an amazing adventure for me. Thanks to Scott for the encouragement and the spotting. Thanks to everyone else for their help and fun conversation. I'll do that trail anytime with anyone who wants to go again. I know I sure will.

Great trip everyone!!!

P.S. Don't under estimate the abilities of the Trooper. I did... and I learned not to anymore.

FATZ

Thanks Expeditions West.

I had a great time and enjoyed everyone's company. Thanks Lance for the excellent cigars :bigbossHL: .

Also, thanks Baja and Scotty for the excellent spotting. You got my Jeep through without any damage on yet another adventure.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
you guys aren't gonna believe this!
Nathan & I got to the pavillions car show and a buddy who has a land rover defender was checking out my new allpro lift installed by 4wheelers on washington st when he showed me how I was missing the nuts & washers on both upper control arm bushings (that is 1 per side). Also the drivers side bushing was completely out and just hanging there.
So at some point in the last 24 hrs my brand new setup feel apart. At least we were able to walk to home depot and get some washers & nuts to get me together enough to get home but now I am bummed about missing my FJ cruiser run to crown king sunday morning.
Needless to say I will be at 4wheelers on monday morning to chat. Any thoughts . tips or advice on my chat with them would be welcome.
All that said,,,,,,I must say Nathan & I had a blast with you guys and we were very impressed by everyone we met. The way your group runs & handles itself speaks volumes.
thanks again & look forward to more in the future...hopefully in 1 pc next time
enjoy
1leglance

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
With regards to taking the vehicle back to 4 wheelers....They run an honest business and have earned a solid reputation. Just tell them what the problem is, and give them a chance to fix it. I'm sure they will take care of the problem without any giving you any grief. The guys down there are probably the best you are going to find.

Scott Brady

Founder
I had a great time and it was a blast meeting some cool new folks. Lance and his son are first class folks and it is awesome to see a dad allow his son, still on a learners permit to drive a trail. Too cool.

Some great drivers and fun trucks. The FJ's continue to impress and I am having more fun than ever driving my truck, now that its "show" phase is over.

Some pics later

Willman

expeditionswest said:
I am having more fun than ever driving my truck, now that its "show" phase is over.

Retired to the trails now?

When's it's replacement coming for another show rig?....or not?

:peepwall:

:costumed-smiley-007

AZTrooper

Adventurer
Hey Lance!! I second the motion on the thanks for the cigars!! Seriously!!! Also Lance, I'd like to learn more about cigar smoking etiquite. For example, if I start smoking a cigar before dinner, how do I store it correctly for after dinner? How does one extinguish the cigar correctly for later smoking?

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
We had a great time! It was good to meet lots of new friends.

Lance, very sorry to hear about the hardware failures. I agree that 4wheelers will likely take care of the problem asap. I remember watching that suspension work (from the drivers side) as Nathan was driving through that last technical section, and it all looked good at that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94