Awning tent?

freedrive

I don't want 'just' an awning, and I don't want an RTT.
I want an awning with sides. When folded/stored It can (should?) need to be mounted on top of a vehicle (SUV, truck cap, truck camper, etc). I'm not looking for a lightweight solution, but a way to expand (somewhat) livable space.

Imagine an awning covering 2 sides and the corner of a vechicle (like a batwing) with full sides, a door, windows, etc. I doubt it would deploy like a batwing, but you (hopefully) get the idea.

Anyone make such a thing?

Lionix1

My CVT batwing has an annex. Imagine this with walls.
b47af6a4a0bddaea53af0011dc6a9dc8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

freedrive

The ARB is in the ball park! I'll need something a bit taller (around 7-8').
The CVT awning goes to 7', closer!
I'd would really like it to wrap around a corner, might be asking too much.
Good start.

OregonJKU

Rhino-Rack has a couple of awnings, a regular one-sided, and the 270/Batwing, and a "tagalong" tent that attaches/zips to these awnings, see http://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/products/sport-leisure/shade/awnings/tagalong-tent_rv5t. The setup seems easy, watch the video. Also the Batwing has optional extensions that attaches with zippers. We have the Batwing and a RTT, and are considering the tagalong tent since our college-aged kids have expressed interest in joining us on our camping trips.

harbinger808

Adventurer
i would suggest the bundu or alucab awning with wall kits. either will easily take up the entire side of your vehicle. the alucab will give you a squared off rear cover and enclosure.
personally we went with the alucab awning and im saving some money up to buy the awning kit and looking into a way to add our own attachable "floor" to it. if i can find a suitable solution, i will just use the awning and wall kit and get rid of my howlingmoon rtt that currently on our rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94