Awning suggestions

Mischief

I've been thinking about an awning for the fort. What do you like?

44185626131_fce4117567_c.jpg

old_CWO

10x10 instant canopies. You can move them around for various camp configurations instead of being fixed to the trailer. Available as close as your nearest Walmart or sporting goods store but I get them clean/used on CL for half price or less. When they get damaged by weather or worn out you just toss and replace. If you take a few extra minutes and guy them out they will handle all but the worst wind storms.

I like being "modular" so prefer gear that can be used in multiple ways or left behind if not needed.

WOODY2

Adventurer
10x10 instant canopies. You can move them around for various camp configurations instead of being fixed to the trailer. Available as close as your nearest Walmart or sporting goods store but I get them clean/used on CL for half price or less. When they get damaged by weather or worn out you just toss and replace. If you take a few extra minutes and guy them out they will handle all but the worst wind storms.

I like being "modular" so prefer gear that can be used in multiple ways or left behind if not needed.
This is a very practical solution to an issue that many face in one form or another. Kudos Sir and thanks for sharing.

jeepers29

WE have a 13x13 easy up from coleman that is awesome. You can get them at costco. We also have the large ARB awning attached to our trailer and love that as well. The movable one is used for our kitchen area and the ARB is our lounge area, or we add the room for extra sleeping.

mudraider

Adventurer
I'm a fan of EeziAwn Bat 270, Quick Pitch 270, or the Alu Cab 270.

If weight is of no concern, the Kinsman is very sturdy.

All of these are free standing unless it is quite windy.
You have bought and used all 3 of these?

Sent from my pretty good android phone

Alloy

We have 10x10 + 10x15 pop ups + an awning.

I'd give up both pop ups before I gave up the awning. The awning keeps the doorway/steps dry so we can take our shoes off outside and it keeps the outside cooking area dry.

If we are loading/unloading in the rain we put the awning out.

If the wind picks up the awning can be brought in with the push of a button.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
You have bought and used all 3 of these?

Sent from my pretty good android phone
I have been fortunate enough to meet with folks that have run all but the quick pitch. I was hoping to check that one out at expo, but alas COVID.

AJL

I've got the Big Agnes Deep Creek tarp and bug house. It packs up smaller than a pop up and can withstand higher winds. You can use it with or without the bug house attachment.
We use it on the beach when winds are 15-20 mph and all the pop ups are put away.
The footprint is bigger too

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mischief

Thx for the comments, I think I'm going to bolt a piece of angle iron to the top of the wall behind the door and drill holes for carabiners. I ordered a tarp off ebay. I'm cheap. I'll post pix when I get it sorted

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
ARB 2500 has been good to us. It's deep enough to actually provide some livable shade, and the "accessories" system (bug screen room, side shade panels, full tent room, etc.) is really key for us. Easy to deploy solo too, which was important since I'm sometimes on my own.
awning1.jpg

Parkrider

I have a ARB 2500 on my Ram which works ok if mounted low enough to reach. I picked up a clam quick set pavilion for my trooper. It's a standalone canapy and I got to say it's pretty slick.Screenshot_20200807-214403.png I'm building out my NPR as a camper for a upcoming cross country road trip and thinking about going with a Fiamma f45. I would use my ARB if the awning was low enough to reach but at 10 foot tall it's out of the question

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94