Awesome Ford roaming around Jackson

mponton

Nomad
Saw this overland looking Ford roaming around Jackson Wyoming and was wondering if anyone knew more about it or something similar. My wife and I are traveling in our self converted Sprinter but looking for something more capable for our future family a d adventures. We love boondocking and staying out of established campsites.
ea95e9bdeb038a1169c83f22930c303c.jpg

ttengineer

Adventurer
That does look good.

It looks similar to the Mainline Overland canopy setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mponton

Nomad
That does look good.

I thought so too but to see it on a crew cab diesel full size is awesome in person. I'd love for one and maybe even put a large enough rtt for four plus a large dog. Any other companies besides Mainline Overland?
Bad to the bone. I feel like I could be friends with that guy!

Hell yeah I could be friends too!

ttengineer

Adventurer
That does look good.

I thought so too but to see it on a crew cab diesel full size is awesome in person. I'd love for one and maybe even put a large enough rtt for four plus a large dog. Any other companies besides Mainline Overland?

Patriot Campers is bringing their canopy and tray bed over but only 2 units are stateside currently.

If it’s not a mainline then it could be any number of flatbed companies stuff, just custom I suppose.

jonnyquest

Adventurer
Probbly a stupid question but what is boondocking I have never heard of it before.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Boondocking is camping in an undeveloped area. That is, no facilities of any type. In a National Forest, it's called "dispersed camping". Boondocking done right requires a toilet and sufficient water for the time you plan to be there.

Kingsize24

Camping somewhere free. Usually on public undeveloped land, but it doesn't have to be. I've boondocked unintentionally on private property before. I thought it was public use land until the land owner woke me. He was polite, but I got my ******** and got out quick. LOL. They aren't all that nice.

Probbly a stupid question but what is boondocking I have never heard of it before.

Kingsize24

Damn... I got tree'd!

Must have been an instant green!

Boondocking is camping in an undeveloped area. That is, no facilities of any type. In a National Forest, it's called "dispersed camping". Boondocking done right requires a toilet and sufficient water for the time you plan to be there.

jonnyquest

Adventurer
Camping somewhere free. Usually on public undeveloped land, but it doesn't have to be. I've boondocked unintentionally on private property before. I thought it was public use land until the land owner woke me. He was polite, but I got my **** and got out quick. LOL. They aren't all that nice.
When I was young and unthinking, a group of us camped one rainy night in a very remote rancher's barn. It was clearly private property but it wasn't locked so we made ourselves comfortable. He also woke us and he was PISSED. With many apologies we quickly left. We caught up with the owner a short distance down the road. He was high centered and couldn't move. We politely helped him get free. He apologized for being angry and we apologized for trespassing. All was well and we drove off with an offer to camp on his property anytime.

W0lfpack91

Camping somewhere free. Usually on public undeveloped land, but it doesn't have to be. I've boondocked unintentionally on private property before. I thought it was public use land until the land owner woke me. He was polite, but I got my ******** and got out quick. LOL. They aren't all that nice.

Ok so it's an RV term for regular camping. Never owned an RV or even been in one. I always just had a 2 person dome tent, fishing rod, and axe strapped to my ATV and camped wherever we decided to stop.

mponton

Nomad
I’d love to see more of this rig. That box looks very interesting.
Yes I would love to see more of it too. This was the best picture I could get! If anyone is in Jackson Wyoming look for it and see if they can get some pictures and maybe say hi.
That does look good.

Patriot Campers is bringing their canopy and tray bed over but only 2 units are stateside currently.

If it’s not a mainline then it could be any number of flatbed companies stuff, just custom I suppose.

I'll check them out again, I just like the versatility where I could pull a trailer to the trailhead and then do some wheeling in a 4runner or side by side

I just like how it matches so we'll. I'm thinking a rtt above the can and one above the canopy section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94