Avoiding virus during 10-day trip

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I have a health problem (low immunity) and need to be extra careful. Goal: Camp for 10 days and have minimal contact with people or things that people have touched. Mixture of commercial campgrounds and free state sites. Rural to semi-remote areas. I don't plan to use the bathroom facilities at all.

Bathroom: Luggable Loo.
Bathing: In tent.
Water: Is it feasible to carry water for 1 person for 10 days in a subcompact car (including bathing water)? My concern is touching spigots.
Picnic table and bench: Is it even possible to disinfect these?

Anything else I should be aware of?
I'm 71 with three underlying conditions including a compromised immune system. I avoided it for year by just going by the CDC's guidelines. I ate outdoors,walked outdoors not wearing a mask unless I got close to somebody,used the disinfectant,avoided crowds,washed my hands the whole enchilada. Being afraid of everything and everybody will keep you from enjoying life. I've got my two jabs in the arm and can breathe a lot easier now.

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
Being afraid of everything and everybody will keep you from enjoying life.

Yup. Dying of COVID could do that too. Taking precautions is about being determined to survive, which I am, not about irrational fears.

The CDC just put out new information about COVID on surfaces based on studies. I like to make rational decisions based on the science. As the science evolves, I can change my attitudes and behaviors.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
FWIW, we did four 9-day camping trips last year and lots of shorter ones.
Have 4 more booked for this year and have done two shorter ones already.
We use most of the mentioned mitigations, have plenty of 75% spray and Lysol wipes handy, masking when appropriate.
We're also both vaxxed. I got my second shot in mid February and my wife got hers a few weeks ago.

Hang in there.

View attachment 653103
I've had my second shot this past week, I think it is a good thing, I wouldn't risk not having it.

billiebob

I'm 71 with three underlying conditions including a compromised immune system. I avoided it for year by just going by the CDC's guidelines. I ate outdoors,walked outdoors not wearing a mask unless I got close to somebody,used the disinfectant,avoided crowds,washed my hands the whole enchilada. Being afraid of everything and everybody will keep you from enjoying life. I've got my two jabs in the arm and can breathe a lot easier now.
This, the basics are pretty simple.

But this, WOW 5000 idiots in Arizona, WOW

th.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles