avalache build anyone

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Looks very nice! What is your MPG pulling the trailer?
Worst I have ever had was 10 mpg. Big climbs and slow going in the rough stuff. Best I have received on the highway , downhill with a tail wind was 18 mpg. Most of the time I see 13-15 mpg. Not great, but liveable for the comforts we receive.

HostileJava

Observer
Mind if I throw some pics of mine in here:

IMG_20150628_182311617_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140720_124135_270.jpg

11058570_10154017941217846_3120321347396396501_o.jpg

IMG_20150201_135010424.jpg

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Nice! Very similar set up. Pop-up, basket on top and bike racks on the cover. Did you build the bed slide?

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
What a workhorse Hostile Java. Good to see the plow on there. Henry, you around this summer? Would be cool to see that nice Avalanche........:drool:

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Still planning to puddle hop the island. Not going to happen this year. My brother and sister are gearing for the trip too! We will have to come up with some veggie pizza to go with the brews! Maybe next year?

HostileJava

Observer
Nice! Very similar set up. Pop-up, basket on top and bike racks on the cover. Did you build the bed slide?

Thanks! Yes I built it with some help from a buddy, about $100 in supplies from Home Depot.

What a workhorse Hostile Java. Good to see the plow on there. Henry, you around this summer? Would be cool to see that nice Avalanche........:drool:

Thanks, she's gotta earn her keep :)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Still planning to puddle hop the island. Not going to happen this year. My brother and sister are gearing for the trip too! We will have to come up with some veggie pizza to go with the brews! Maybe next year?

Ok I will keep you dialed in for next year. Vegie or not you are always welcome...:)

Last edited:

justcuz

Explorer
I noticed in your last 2 pictures your tail is dropped some from your load and trailer. Looking back at the thread you said you gained an inch in back and used Ford keys up front. What was used to gain your rear clearance?
I installed Hummer H2 rear springs in my 2000 K1500 Suburban. They are like a Moog Cargo Coil, progressively wound and don't sag much at all loaded. Here are the part numbers for the H2 springs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 38

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I noticed in your last 2 pictures your tail is dropped some from your load and trailer. Looking back at the thread you said you gained an inch in back and used Ford keys up front. What was used to gain your rear clearance?...Here are the part numbers for the H2 springs.
Thanks! I'll keep those in mind.
I did add 1" rear spacers on the back just to level it up (unloaded), with the front. To get the load leveled when towing the trailer I added air bags in the rear coils. Like them lots. Still get my good ride and flex when I need it. I can firm it up as needed when pulling the trailer and motorcycles in the back.
I will keep those part numbers handy if I decide to play with springs on the back, thx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles