avalache build anyone

Devin W

Observer
I'm curious: do those mirrors still power-fold? Having the wider view seems nice but I already find that I need to fold my mirrors in regularly when parking so that people don't hit their heads/shoulders as they walk by (it's usually me!). The wider mirror would make that even more of an issue and it would be a pain if you have to fold them in manually.

Nice subtle stuff you've done with the truck. I recently did a rear-view cam, too. It's impossible to see if there is something (or someone) directly behind the truck when backing up with my new suspension set-up w/o the cam.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Like the mirrors, I changed mine out too, plain versions no heat or turn indicator.
Best thing I did, now I can see the little cars sneaking up on me.

Attachments

• sierra.JPG
    sierra.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 25

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I'm curious: do those mirrors still power-fold? ...
No. These do not power fold. I have heard that those power folding mirrors have been a real problem. The motors are not holding up. Plus the cost is huge.
You may be right about ducking the mirrors and watching out for them parking. I hear rumors of damaged mirrors going to a drive through. I live in primarily a rural setting and in the high desert. While some of the trails may be narrow, we lack trees and stuff that can be very hard on mirrors. My family is transitioning to two wheels for our trail rides. That will take the pressure off the tow rig for offroad duty.
I can say already that visibility is better. Still looking forward to pulling the trailer and trying them out.
Like the mirrors, I changed mine out too, plain versions no heat or turn indicator.
Best thing I did, now I can see the little cars sneaking up on me.
Good looking truck! You are right these do help finding those little bumper riders. I do see a pretty big blind spot on the rear corners though. Those wide angle mirrors were angled down so I can better judge the tire on the road for trail duty, but now I see I may be better off with them up higher to guard that blind spot. :)

dblosch

Adventurer
Nicely done Sir!

Any issues at highway speeds? A few of those reviews on amazon mention "shakey glass." I've been looking to do this for a while, but now that I'm out of California, i think your DUAL GAS TANKS mod is much higher on my list! :victory:

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Thank you. My mirrors have been very steady. No complaints. I have not watched closely to see if a heavy gust moves the mirror though.

The dual fuel tanks ROCK! It is hard to swallow the $$ bill $$ at the pump, but the range and not having to visit frequently is fantastic. I have enough on board that I can be choosy and wait to fill up. I have avoided a couple price hikes that way. I have no doubt that I will never have a rig without them now that I have been spoiled.
I think second on the list is the heated leather seats. This is my first experience with those. I like them :)

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Nicely done Sir!

Any issues at highway speeds? A few of those reviews on amazon mention "shakey glass." I've been looking to do this for a while, but now that I'm out of California, i think your DUAL GAS TANKS mod is much higher on my list! :victory:

Have you ever driven a fullsize 1ton truck with E rated tires that didn't have shakey glass? I haven't.

I've noticed that mirrors with glass that are softer mounted, often just foam double sided tape, can be smacked much harder on fallen Florida sand pine trees during storm season without damage. I've had to retrieve a few fallen mirror lenses in my time. IMO, shakey glass may actually be a good thing if you're driving tight backwoods in rough weather often, they fall out/off less.

Too often, modern mirrors aren't even glass. My Chevy Express 3500 has plastic side mirrors! I scratched them up badly with a plastic ice scraper. The Chevy Express Van mirrors just have a big round sticky foam tape holding them onto the black plastic mirror body. Aftermarket mirrors can't be worse than that LOL.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Night shot of the puddle lights:

puddle1.JPG
puddle2.JPG

stoute

I want to start of by saying wow. I love this rig and wish you were much closer to Portland for me to see it up close. I now want to tackle adding a 2nd fuel tank to my Tahoe.

Keep up the great work!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I really like the idea of a battery disconect switch Henry!:Wow1: Are those puppies available in Canada?:ylsmoke:

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I want to start of by saying wow. I love this rig and wish you were much closer to Portland for me to see it up close. I now want to tackle adding a 2nd fuel tank to my Tahoe.
I'm up there once in a while. My Dad live just across the creek from you. You never know , you might get to see it first hand.
I really like the idea of a battery disconect switch Henry!:Wow1: Are those puppies available in Canada?:ylsmoke:
Boy, I would sure think so. They are around most of the "marts" here and the tractor supply store. Pretty common I would think.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
DSCN0973.JPG
DSCN1105.JPG

The hand washing station on the back bumper is on the top of the must have list.

wash.JPG

Deck sprayer in the back. The wand is short and attached to the bumper by snapping it into a plastic handle clamp.

dblosch

Adventurer
Looks good Brules.

I've been keeping quiet, but I've made some changes to mine, too. I'll post up later.

:wavey:
Dan

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
It seems funny that with a name like Avalanche, the owners keep pretty quiet. Not much action in this thread :) I know of more than one lurker...

blaz

Adventurer
When did the canoe get added to the fleet? Does the trailer stay packed and save you time getting mobile?

I need to get out camping again. I have only been once this year. :mad:

Keep the pics coming HJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior