Sold, thanks.

• Thread starter Deleted member 216001
  • Start date

MuleShoer

Adventurer
I didnt see any flatbed pictures on the Dynamo campers website
can you post some?

found a bunch after a search, on your facebook........

Last edited:

MuleShoer

Adventurer
spam, I say spam, never seen a riveted yacht
I wouldn’t say “spam” go visit their web site and Facebook etc. up until the composite era, aircraft were riveted structures and even today they still add “chicken “ fasteners.. BTW we actually refer to Dynamos approach as “clip frame” structure, the strength comes form the attached skin
BUT, my gripe is this if the Dynamo campers wants to market on this forum they need to step up and become an approved vendor / sponsor

billiebob

So I did some googling, they say they are affiliated with
Silver Streak TrailerCo.
Palm City, Florida

But there is no mention of them on the Silver Streak website and the Silver Streak website shows they are in Texas, not Florida. Way too many inconsistencies to just accept who they are.

billiebob

Actually, Bennetti used to rivet them, then smear filler over the countersunk aluminum rivets, so you'd never see them, but they were there. Cougar also built aluminum raceboats- all riveted.
The riveted comment was not the real point of my comment. I have found nothing to say you are a bonafide builder. Prove me wrong, DynamoCampers.com only show a truck camper prototype. No mention of an 8x10 trailer.

billiebob

this explains why Dynamo TCX is not responding..

Bill,

I did some research and I see why you are contacting us..

A company in Florida is illegally using our Silver Streak trademark. Check out USPTO.gov for rightful owner of the Silver Streak trademark. We sent to them a cease and desist letter a couple of years ago and will have to send another one, sadly.

Thank you for the heads up!

Newb1

RE;
My pix don't attach here, they're too big

Anyone else thinks that sounds kinda LAME. You can build all these things but you cant make a pic smaller in size to fit in a post???? REALLY??????
I've been wondering for OVER A YEAR and a HALF NOW (July 2018 to Mar 2020), why there are no pics showing a completed truck camper. They often post, they're taking PRE-orders for more builds, but come on, You've never done anything past building a frame and partially skin ONE.
Lots of scams start off with pre-orders and prepays for this great thing coming, but it never does.

Last edited:

4collectandsell

spam, I say spam, never seen a riveted yacht

Cant be possible If you never seen it huh
Im just a troller looking for a new build and a 4 second google search shows a multitude that you rivet. Pretty much any SIP, RSIP, etc panels aluminum frame can be riveted. Welcome to the modern way of building

billiebob

this explains why Dynamo TCX is not responding..
-----------------------
Bill,

I did some research and I see why you are contacting us..

A company in Florida is illegally using our Silver Streak trademark. Check out USPTO.gov for rightful owner of the Silver Streak trademark. We sent to them a cease and desist letter a couple of years ago and will have to send another one, sadly.

Thank you for the heads up!

you missed this post ^^^^ where the firm DynamoTCX replied to his claim to being affiliated with them.

Cant be possible If you never seen it huh

I say send them a deposit, let us know how it goes.
But sure focus on the riveting comment cuz lordy knows it is riveting.

Newb1

2 year follow up ..... Its now 2 years later and still NOT A SINGLE finished camper had been sold, provided, showing pics of, or completed. 2 years and you would still be waiting on your camper, but they would have your money. Gezzz, I stand by my original statement - "Lots of scams start off with pre-orders and prepays for this great thing coming, but it never does."

Newb1

2.5 year follow up ----- They're gone, CLOSED, no more dynamo tcx truck campers. Their FB accounts are all gone, no more references to the truck campers they told everyone they had a backlog to build and were trying to sell $125,000 shells. As I said from the start, something sounded VERY fishy with those people, sounded just like a scam. They never finished a single one they said were pre-ordered and sold over a 2 year period. I hope nobody got taken for the "pre order" fees and deposits they were telling all interested parties to send in.

BigBoyJun

they were posting all over truck camper groups on Facebook with rendered images for years and got really touchy when anyone asked why they didn’t have at least one finished prototype. The owner Phil Dillon threatened to sue me when I said it looked like a scam. Buyer always beware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles