Auxbeam 8 gang switch Panel wiring issues

Stroked 550

Adventurer
I bought the Auxbeam 8 gang switch panel
The subject vehicle is a 2004 dodge 2500 cummins.. I ran the main power and ground leads to the battery and the ground to the truck's body that had another ground already to it.

Then I ran the smaller gauge red "ACC" wire with the Fuse TAP to the cigarette plug fuse locations which only get power when the ignition is on

The problem I am having is when I tried 3 different fuse locations either the power is constantly on or there is no power at all to the actual switch panel if I switch the fuse tap around the terminals go in the opposite location

Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

I have the same truck and switch panel as you. My switch power is also wired to the cig line and functions as it should. I didn’t use a fuse tap though. I ran the wire into the cab and tapped into the line along with the illumination control line. Should be the same as tapping into fuse panel?...

Stroked 550

Adventurer
I have the same truck and switch panel as you. My switch power is also wired to the cig line and functions as it should. I didn’t use a fuse tap though. I ran the wire into the cab and tapped into the line along with the illumination control line. Should be the same as tapping into fuse panel?...

Hmmm thats so weird, my kit only has 3 wires..... Power & Ground going to the battery + the ACC Red line that is the Fuse Tap
It doesn't have an illumination control line

So does your Switch panel backlighting turn off when the ignition is off?

Yes. Turns on and illuminates with ignition. Turns off when shut down. Mine came with a yellow wire as well. If you connect the yellow wire to a 12V source with a momentary switch, you can control the brightness. I think it has 4 levels..??? I'll go take a look again and see how I wired my set up.

Last edited:
Just went out to check the wiring and my memory has failed me again!! I guess I did use a fuse tap for the panel wire. The illumination wire is wired into the cab. I tapped into #28 for the panel wire power (small red wire). Its the "Cluster, Overhead, Electrical" slot. There's 2 cig/12v sockets on the dash. The lower one is always on. You might have tapped into that circuit thinking it was the upper socket. Try #28 and see if that works for you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles