Aux Tank Punmbing???? Please Advise!!!!

lexwoody

Adventurer
Aux Fuel Tank Plumbing????? Help
I like to follow this forum to get ideas on different mods. I read the MAF aux tank thread as I couldn't or maybe just missed it on how they plumb into the stock tank. I’m in the planning phase and bought a few pieces to get ready to install it all in one day.

Parts
• 1988/89 Ford F150 rear mounted tank 19gal
• Ford sender unit
• Ford Vapor Valve (located at the top of the tank)
• Mr. Gasket 12s Fuel Pump
• 5/16” brass tee, shut off valves and fuel line
• 1/2 “ vent line
• 30mm Radiator hose adapter
• 1/2” shut off valve

I attach a diagrams of my plans as I do wanted feedback on what will and will not work. I didn’t include the aux tank filler neck part as I undecided on where to mount as the dual filler necks a hard to come by.

Step 1:
I plan to run a 5/16” feeder line from the ford sender unit to fuel pump and than to the filler rubber stock filler neck where I will insert the radiator adapter to feed into the tank. A 5/16” valve will be installed close to the stock filler neck.

Step 2:
I plan to run a 5/16” return line from the ford sender unit to and stock vent line. A 5/16” valve will be installed close to the stock vent line.

Step 3:
I plan to run a 1/2” line from the ford vapor valve over to the Charcoal Canister’s vent line.

fuel%26emission%20lines.jpg

Emission%202.jpg

Emission%201.jpg

I think I would stay sealed this way and would have valves in place in case I have problems and with codes and have to re think things. Please feel free to give your thoughts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94