Aux switches. What to look at (SPOD, ARB LINX or Switch Pros)

bigskypylot

Explorer
Any thoughts on the three would be much appreciated. I want to add ditch lights, chase bar on the rear, compressor and front/rear air lockers (replacing rear diff with custom F9/10.5) Just running out of room and think this would be the easiest and cheaper solution.

this is how it sits currently.

thanks for the input!

IMG_20200413_205312_984.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200413_204354_086.jpg
    IMG_20200413_204354_086.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20200330_211149_451.jpg
    IMG_20200330_211149_451.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 58
  • FB_IMG_1587775389476.jpg
    FB_IMG_1587775389476.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 57
  • FB_IMG_1587775383923.jpg
    FB_IMG_1587775383923.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 49

Sooper Camper

Adventurer
Between Spod and Switch Pros, me, and my shop tech's always preferred Switch Pros. It's a very simple install, very well thought out product.

ARB Linx....looks complicated AF, and while the app and such is neato, I'd rather just have some good old fashioned switches.

4000lbsOfGoat

I've got an SPod BantamX with HD switch panel and I'm very happy with it. Switches are all programmable\dimmable and the switch unit takes up much less space than traditional rockers.
I don't have any experience with the Switch Pros but I've only heard good things about them so I think you can't go wrong with either.

bigskypylot

Explorer
Thanks, gents! I've pretty much ruled the ARB out and leaning towards the Switch Pro but going to do a bit more looking in to the SPOD as well. I appreciate the info!

chet6.7

Explorer
I have the sPOD, with the screen. The screen is kind of wonky, I can bump the side and it comes on, sometimes when I make a selection on the screen it takes a coulpe of taps. There is also some parasitic drain, pulling the 2amp fuse stops it. If I were to do it over I would go with the Switch Pro.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Between all of them, I'd go with the Switch Pro route. sPOD is neat, but for simple functionality the Switch Pro is a better bet. The basic architecture is the same, but with the Switch Pro you're not getting another touch screen with the possibility of parasitic drain. It's a mechanical switch, which should be more reliable and simpler.

bigskypylot

Explorer
Between all of them, I'd go with the Switch Pro route. sPOD is neat, but for simple functionality the Switch Pro is a better bet. The basic architecture is the same, but with the Switch Pro you're not getting another touch screen with the possibility of parasitic drain. It's a mechanical switch, which should be more reliable and simpler.

you make some good points there, sir!

good luck with your Cruiser project, bud!

bigskypylot

Explorer
Thanks, I need it! It's been a bit of a nightmare the last couple weeks. Hopefully I can get it cleared up within a couple months.

Despite all the work and frustration, I hope you keep it. All that work will make you cherish it more and create a lot of memories with those that helped you along the way and the memories you will make with family and friends in the future.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Despite all the work and frustration, I hope you keep it. All that work will make you cherish it more and create a lot of memories with those that helped you along the way and the memories you will make with family and friends in the future.

There's numerous people on here and Mud that say the same. I'm still not sure. We'll see how the next couple of months of work goes. It may clean up fairly well and make me feel okay about it. It might not. I'm not making a decision one way or the other for now. I'll definitely have a better feel of the path forward in the fall.

bigskypylot

Explorer
There's numerous people on here and Mud that say the same. I'm still not sure. We'll see how the next couple of months of work goes. It may clean up fairly well and make me feel okay about it. It might not. I'm not making a decision one way or the other for now. I'll definitely have a better feel of the path forward in the fall.

right about the time we will be doing some hunting!

drrobinson

I also went SwitchPros after much consideration. I don’t regret it.

The app is a little wonky, but does its job. I mainly use the control panel anyway.

Thinman

I use a Voswitch in my Jeep and it turns things on and off as advertised. I've never really understood the high priced alternatives in this space. It's switches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles