Aux input on factory Ford radio?

quickfarms

Adventurer
Alright y'all just to close out this thread. I ordered one of the Scosche FM modulators. Not the one linked actually, this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Scosche-Audio-FM-Modulator-Universal/dp/B0007THIDQ

From what i could tell it was the exact same as the other one (FMMOD02) but cheaper...?

Anyways I just got it installed and it works great. Clear sound, no feedback to speak of. VERY easy to install and comes with all the cables you need.

Hope this helps someone else. For $25 I got an AUX in line, my wife is very happy.

Does this one have the 3.5 mm input, the same as the head phone jack on a iPod/iPhone ?

Corneilius

Adventurer
Does this one have the 3.5 mm input, the same as the head phone jack on a iPod/iPhone ?

Yes it does, however after several hours of travel my EMI whine came back! It is only when running the AUX input, I've got a inline 12v noise filter in my parts pile, going to wire that into my supply line for the FM interrupter and see what happens. I can't figure out why it worked whine free for 6 hours though.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
So my cassette adapter wasn't at fault lol.
Sorry the EMI came back.
Start by checking all the grounding wires, then positive then the wires on the alternator.

huskyhauler

Adventurer
I would still recommend upgrading the entire unit with either a later model stock deck with an aux input or a cheap aftermarket deck. Cheap aftermarket sing DIN decks can run as low as $80. Most also have detachable face plates so you can simply remove the face plate when your park the rig. This makes the head unit worthless.

If you haven't done so yet, I would also recommend upgrading the stock speakers in your front doors. Mine are 5"x8" and the aftermarket set I bought installed perfectly without any modification. It made a tremendous difference in sound quality without changing the appearance of the vehicle.

I just put these PIONEER SPEAKERS in the front doors only of my van and they are amazing for cheap. The other 4 in side door and rear doors I left stock. Also helps I installed this PIONEER HEAD UNIT. But for under $400 I have a good head unit capable of Waze navi with all the inputs I'll ever need with great sound and a backup camera. You can go nuts on audio stuff, but I am super happy with this set up and the amount I have invested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke