Aux Fuel Tank Suburban

FellowTraveler

Explorer
I had an inquiry about Suburban aux fuel tank, lost the message so posting here.

Chevy/GMC Suburbans 1992 through 1999 aux fuel tank 25 gals, mid-ship drivers side mount is available from Northwest Metal Products, I have no affiliation with them.

Or, build it yourself for much less!

JoshG

It was me, I have a 1998 Suburban and it has the stock 42 gallon tank, but wow an extra 25 gallons!

This one listed here is the one you have installed? If so, are you happy with it and the installation and instructions, etc.?

Just looked at the cost, wow! I would hope that you would be able to built something cheaper than that!

I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of your truck! I have lots of pictures of where I have been with my truck, but can't seem to find any of the actual truck!

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Lost your message

It was me, I have a 1998 Suburban and it has the stock 42 gallon tank, but wow an extra 25 gallons!

This one listed here is the one you have installed? If so, are you happy with it and the installation and instructions, etc.?

Just looked at the cost, wow! I would hope that you would be able to built something cheaper than that!

I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of your truck! I have lots of pictures of where I have been with my truck, but can't seem to find any of the actual truck!

Sorry, I somehow lost your message to me, I read it but was busy and hoped to answer you later.

Anyway, Northwest tank comes w/everything needed to install. Mine was built locally, it's best to fab or have someone fab a tank for you if you don't have deep pockets making sure it is baffled.

You measure the area available under the driver-side between the chassis rail and drive-train then front to back from forward x-member to the back. Don't go below chassis rail w/o skid plate to protect tank, must ground tank w/heavy strap to chassis.

Use motor driven tank selector valve and proper return/venting (sealed for diesel) a GM type fuel level float assembly.

Electric lift fuel pump from early 6.2/6.5 rated at 35psi is better than the stock 1998 lift pumps lower psi rating.

As for pictures of my truck will post them soon, I'm way off the grid and on a remote satellite up-link w/limited bandwidth for up/down loads need to do the up load of pictures early am but it's hard as hell for me to get up to do it.

JoshG

Thanks, that was a big help!

Do you have any skid plates on your truck? Did you just use z71 plates from that era?

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Skid plates

Thanks, that was a big help!

Do you have any skid plates on your truck? Did you just use z71 plates from that era?

My Suburban(Z88 conversion) came w/every factory option to include full complement of skid plates.

To protect the rockers I removed the factory side steps which were attached to the rockers only and installed nerf bars to chassis rail, the nerf bars have already saved my Suburban's sheet metal from a side impact from an automobile. Hope to have custom rock sliders w/small steps made up soon to replace nerf bars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94