Aux Fuel Tank or Extended Tanks for Classic

thallca

Observer
What options are out there to fit aux fuel tanks or a larger extended-range fuel tank to a 1989 Range Rover Classic? I would like to carry more fuel on my vehicle without having to resort to a bunch of jerry cans. I would like to double my onboard capacity, but anything more than the standard tankfuel would be an improvement.

Tim

grahamzr

Look up http://ozziesoffroad.com he installed a long range fuel tank in his range rover. believe he's since sold the Range Rover but I contacted him awhile back and was a cool guy. More than happy to let you know where he got it.

alia176

Explorer
Your options are very limited to none in the U.S. I'm afraid! You'll need to get creative with your own solution such as an aux tank under the sill or some where else. Or, you could replace the oem tank with a larger tank. Gas tanks can be made for a decent price or you can see if a tank from another vehicle may fit the same space. It's just a matter of how much you want to pay to have a local fab shop build one for you or how much you want to bend over to import one from overseas.

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles