AUX camera input Superduty: always live, at any speed?

LosAngeles

AUX camera input Superduty: always live, at any speed?

Hi all

I know that on the current Ford SuperDuty - above 6 mph the 360 camera system will shut off.

However I know there is an AUX camera input to the system, and if you wire a camera to it, and press the AUX button - then you can see the AUX camera.

My question is - will this AUX camera input on the SuperDuty be visible at ANY speed? So while truckin’ down the road at cruising speed....?

(or does the AUX camera input get shut off over 6 mph, just as the 360 cameras are shut off above 6 mph?)

Thanks.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
It probably has something to do with the camera itself.

Most small vehicle cameras will overheat if used continuously.

LosAngeles

It probably has something to do with the camera itself.

Most small vehicle cameras will overheat if used continuously.

I believe it has to do with some law about a camera can't be on above 6 mph (distraction)

i am not sure.

But I do recall someone maybe saying the AUX camera input always works... at any speed.... I am unsure.

dreadlocks

Its a law stating no video displays within drivers view, I can play a DVD out mine, but it shuts off the display once you start moving.. with my tow vehicle, I had to plug a service computer into it and modify some values so I could get Video in Motion unlocked.. dunno if possible on a superduty, but if it is.. it requires a hack of some sort to change the behavior.. I think my vehicle I was a bit lucky, its sold worldwide and not all countries have such requirements.. so just had to recode it to think the rear camera was not for US markets.

I'd be surprised if the aux input allowed video in motion, as it would not be legal.. my aux input didnt show video in motion until I hacked it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles