Autohome or similar RTT w/ crank arm

Hey friends,

Not sure this is the right place for this, but what do you all recommend for a roof top tent that has a crank arm and is more than 80" long inside?

I'm not really into gas struts, and here's whys:
- Wind. I do most of my camping in the desert, and on high alpine ridges in CO. The Autohome Maggiolina is the clear winner for the crank arm getting the canvas taught, BUT they don't make this longer than 72". Not going to work for me (I'm 6'2").
- Load bars. I want my truck as a truck when I'm not camping, which means afternoons are typically spent hauling SUPs to and fro the river. As well as camping in the desert, in Baja, etc. SUPs are always with me. Cranks arms are a must.

So, what all is out there that competes w/ the Maggiolina that gives me the leg room I need to get a good night rest, while providing ample tension on the canvas, also allowing me a good night rest.

Thanks all!

P.S. My GF is rolling her eyes because all I've said for the past 2 years is RTTs are wind sails... and here I am, considering one. A solid 3 person tent is also a great option for me, but MUST block the sand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94