Autohome Columbus Variant Fit Kit-which bars?

Ray_G

Explorer
Proud owners of a new Autohome Columbus Variant that will be going on our LR3. Before I conduct discovery learning via $; what are others using for the fit kit cross bars on the top. Yakima pops up but just in case there is another solution out there figured it worth asking here.
r-
Ray

Lemsteraak

Adventurer
AutoHome works closely with Thule so they are probably the preferred bars. Their fit kit if I remember right is designed to fit with rain gutter style feet so just about any bar designed for rain gutters should also work. My personal favorite is Quick n Easy, they make die cast alloy feet so they are lighter and more aerodynamic than others. Being half the price also helps, NRS, the river rafting company is a good source for them. You can bolt any bar you want to their feet. I like to use bamboo, completes the funky 50's surfer look and is very light and strong. Yakima would probably be my least favorite in this application as their feet are plastic, can break and are expensive.

erstwild

I have my Columbus Variant permanently mounted on my Jeep with 2 x RhinoRack Vortex Bars (etrailers called autohome and they recommended them of the rhino rack offerings). They have been rock solid for me, and I have not had to make a single adjustment, since installation.

Ray_G

Explorer
I have my Columbus Variant permanently mounted on my Jeep with 2 x RhinoRack Vortex Bars (etrailers called autohome and they recommended them of the rhino rack offerings). They have been rock solid for me, and I have not had to make a single adjustment, since installation.

Ah, not the mounting to the vehicle-that is what it is. The bars that go on top of the rtt via the fit kit for lightweight items. In my case, maxtrax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles