Auto Home USA Supports the ExPo Community Forum!

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Does anyone have a new Columbus Variant or CF? Especially in size Small? Wondering how comfortable it is for two adults?

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
We invite everyone to visit us at OverLand Expo. We will be located, as usual, in the Central Plaza and will have some nicely outfitted vehicles to check out.

See you there!

Ray_G

Explorer
Does anyone have a new Columbus Variant or CF? Especially in size Small? Wondering how comfortable it is for two adults?

Apologies for coming in late, I have a small Columbus Variant on my LR3.

How tall are your adults? :)

I ask b/c when we were buying our tent last year the folks at Autohome noted that taller folks tend to want the XL just given the nature of the clamshell. For us, being 5'5", there is more than enough room for both of us (I would say it likely would be good enough for anyone under 5'10" or so, maybe even 6')...assuming commensurate width.

So for two hobbits, as my abnormally large friends like to call us, the S is fantastic.
r-
Ray

Ray_G

Explorer
So the wife would def be happy...you may find it a little small...from what I've heard the complaint most often is that your feet will brush the bottom of the clamshell. The Autohome folks may be able to chime in and offer their experience.

Pappy

I'm 5'10" and have a Small XL. I can't imagine being comfortable in the standard length Columbus. Especially with a second person.

BrewsterII

I'm 6'1" and 200 lbs. I have no trouble sleeping in my Maggiolina Extreme (small). My wife is tiny and we both sleep well in it. My son and I sleep comfortably in it on hunting trips and he is almost as tall as me.

My feet do occasionally touch the bars at the end of the tent but it in no way effects a good nights sleep for me.

Last edited:

Rooney

After owning my Autohome Air top for 10years The hydraulic shocks have failed. Autohome USA dealers don’t stock supporting parts and as you know ordering anything these days is A joke. Curious to see if anyone else has this issue and has found a solution?

Kiwibru

Have you contacted them via email (Gig Harbor warehouse) and asked them about new gas struts?
Getting parts directly from Italy would also be possible. We have had excellent service with Italian farm machinery parts directly shipped from EU via DHL for several years. Doesn't hurt to do a deep dive and work outwards as needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles