Auto Home USA Supports the ExPo Community Forum!

We would like to thank AutoHomeUSA for supporting Expedition Portal with their sponsorship of our new RTT section.

From AutoHomeUSA:

AutoHomeUSA has been serving the needs of adventure travelers for more than 18 years. We import, sell, service and warrant the original roof top vehicle tents from AutoHome. These tents are, and have been, made in Northern Italy to the highest standards since 1958 and proven world-wide for more than half a century. During that time, AutoHome has earned an unmatched reputation for innovation, build quality, comfort, and durability. And the Maggiolina (Italian for lady bug) became a legend.
unnamed-1.jpg

We have been pleased to introduce these tents to the North American market and assume a leading role in pioneering roof top tent acceptance and use in America.
unnamed-2.jpg

Along with our broad line up of roof top tents, we offer a full line of AutoHome accessories – awnings, changing rooms and side tents, under mattress ventilation matts, mounting accessories, and more. We also stock spare parts for our tents.
unnamed-3.jpg

We have been avid supporters of the Overland Journal and Overland Expo since their inception, and support of the Roof Top Tent Forum on Expedition Portal is a logical next step in serving the overland community.

The World is Out There... Go Look!

Mike Spies
CEO
AutoHomeUSA
www.autohomeus.com

Sleam

Explorer
See you at Expo!

A newbie owner ( a whole 24 hrs now) comes with some questions. I'll come find you at Expo! Thanks Mike,
s
Photo on 4-19-15 at 12.23 PM #4.jpg

drosgard

Got mine last winter and havespent many nights in it. I am in love with it. It has been siting on cinder blocks since ive had it (in process of another car purchase) so i havent used it out in the field. Pontiac vibe has half a rack near the back and most systems only apply to it and it seems a bit weak i dnt trust it so i need to buy diff feet and fit kit ect for the rear half to be on factory rails and fron half to be on regular thule traverse 480 feet. I feel safer that route. Bit if its not a good idea please tell me hahah

mainframeboy

We have had a Auto Home tent for many years. Here are some pictures of our trip in the Gregory National Park in the Northern Territory with our very young son at the time (4 months from memory)P6140125.jpgP6140131.jpgP6180242.jpgP6230379.jpg.

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
I have the Extreme small. Really happy with it. Can someone tell me how the awning and/or change room attaches to the top of the tent?
I realize there are a couple of loops up there, and I used the winter cover with the Velcro last winter on a trip. I am thinking of getting either
or the awning/change room but curious as to attaching them. How difficult is it to attach on the top of a land cruiser which is tall and I'm not.

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
We would like to thank AutoHomeUSA for supporting Expedition Portal with their sponsorship of our new RTT section.

From AutoHomeUSA:

AutoHomeUSA has been serving the needs of adventure travelers for more than 18 years. We import, sell, service and warrant the original roof top vehicle tents from AutoHome. These tents are, and have been, made in Northern Italy to the highest standards since 1958 and proven world-wide for more than half a century. During that time, AutoHome has earned an unmatched reputation for innovation, build quality, comfort, and durability. And the Maggiolina (Italian for lady bug) became a legend.
View attachment 255937

We have been pleased to introduce these tents to the North American market and assume a leading role in pioneering roof top tent acceptance and use in America.
View attachment 255938

Along with our broad line up of roof top tents, we offer a full line of AutoHome accessories – awnings, changing rooms and side tents, under mattress ventilation matts, mounting accessories, and more. We also stock spare parts for our tents.
View attachment 255939

We have been avid supporters of the Overland Journal and Overland Expo since their inception, and support of the Roof Top Tent Forum on Expedition Portal is a logical next step in serving the overland community.

The World is Out There... Go Look!

Mike Spies
CEO
AutoHomeUSA
www.autohomeus.com

Then Mike. Please answer your emails. Re: question above.

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
never bothered to look in this thread before. should have. bob bancroft is why i chose a maggiolina. he had a different one on the blue hzt60 when he handed me the keys for a week. miss him greatly :(

Attachments

• MM%20Diesel%2060%20Climb%201.jpg
    MM%20Diesel%2060%20Climb%201.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 44

Explorerinil

Observer
Can you post some detailed interior pics? I tend to buy things that are vendors or supporters on this forum over non supporters.

Wallygator

Adventurer
So I am pretty much set on the Autohome RTT. I am looking at either the Maggiolina Extreme or the Airlander XL. I am 5'11" so I am leaning towards the Airlander XL for a little extra room, is my thinking right? Just not sure I need one that big but the extra room would be nice. Thanks for any advice you all can give.

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
The vendor has never posted on this thread so may not even know it exists. You might try sending a question to them on their website which is much more likely to get a reply.

Wallygator

Adventurer
The vendor has never posted on this thread so may not even know it exists. You might try sending a question to them on their website which is much more likely to get a reply.

Ok thank you! I guess I misunderstood since the title of this thread says it supports this community. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles