Australian and British bloggers arrested in Iran

Rumpig

Adventurer
The wouldn’t have needed to look real hard for them.... would of known they’d entered the country when they crossed the border, and i doubt there’s many Troopies driving around Iran with surfboards strapped to the roof of them....they would have stuck out like dogs balls

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
The wouldn’t have needed to look real hard for them.... would of known they’d entered the country when they crossed the border, and i doubt there’s many Troopies driving around Iran with surfboards strapped to the roof of them....they would have stuck out like dogs balls
Oh I get it, so the regime in iran saw their blog then said great, we will arrest these westerners for no good reason and use them as leverage to get our guy back, then the regime used the blog to track them so they could be arrested, brilliant!!.... such planning from a third world government!

Rumpig

Adventurer
If you say so... I don’t recall ever saying the Iranians followed thier blog, that’s a stupid idea you’ve thrown up for some reason to support your post.... was mearly pointing out how easily that pair would of been to find in a country that likely tracks the movements of Westerners in it’s land, just as Western countries track the movement of those they are suspicious of.

Last edited:

DorB

Adventurer
So now the story changed some but still no one here knows the real truth of exactly what happened you're ASSuming that everyone else here is wrong and they did nothing wrong? in an exchange plan and stumbled onto these bloggers by accident.
The story didn’t change.
You and other made assumptions and conclusions..based on what?

I waited for some info until i made a claim about anything and not judging them before we had any clue of what happened.
And now, when it revealed that they were only play cards in a political issue, you only climb higher on the tree.. I wish you only good luck.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
The story didn’t change.
You and other made assumptions and conclusions..based on what?

I waited for some info until i made a claim about anything and not judging them before we had any clue of what happened.
And now, when it revealed that they were only play cards in a political issue, you only climb higher on the tree.. I wish you only good luck.
If you remember the initial reports on the news said they were arrested for flying a drone without a permit, that isn't an assumption, that's what was reported.... but you are correct, you are such the perfect human and I am not, so keep sitting their in your pious chair with your holier than thou attitude.
Fact is we may never know the truth about what really happened, but one truth is that they were arrested initially for breaking a law in an unfriendly country, THEY broke a law, doesn't mean they didn't end up political pawns before it ended but THEY broke a law, but hey you are still better than me and anybody else who didn't follow your little whine fest right.....

DorB

Adventurer
If you remember the initial reports on the news said they were arrested for flying a drone without a permit, that isn't an assumption,.
Again.. No.
The initial reports said “maybe”, “could be”, and “not certain”.. and concluded responsibly with “no further details at this time”

Good luck sitting up on that tree top.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
So the news is wrong now? Initial reports on numerous sites stated they were arrested for flying a drone without a license.Screenshot_20191013-180735_Firefox.jpg

That's a quote from the news, so do you disbelieve the news? Are we supposed to ignore the news reports until a story has been repeated a certain number of times? Not sure how it works in your perfect little glass house but for me if reports say something I generally take their word for it, maybe you have some insight or omnipotence the rest of us don't, not sure and really don't give a damn, you talk about this "tree top" while carrying a stick up where you sit!
So here we are again, whatever happened to these bloggers happened because of their actions and all the hand wringing and crying in the world can't change that!
Peace out and enjoy your glass house!

Coachgeo

Explorer
....That's a quote from the news, so do you disbelieve the news? Are we supposed to ignore the news reports until a story has been repeated a certain number of times?...
should we disbelieve the news???. well..... yeah pretty much you got to disbelieve their spin.... you got to dig thru the various stories to find as best you can some consistency of specifics to interpolate the most probable fact.

GHI

Adventurer
You guys are getting too worked up. Let’s keep it low key so we can continue the discussion.

The news is often wrong. So no, I don’t always believe the articles and for good cause. If you aren’t directly involved with the story you most likely don’t have all the facts. The people reporting the news have an agenda. Sell the news.

If you’ve ever been involved with a newsworthy story you’d realize just how discombobulated the news can be. It’s amazing what these fact reporters can get wrong.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
should we disbelieve the news???. well..... yeah pretty much you got to disbelieve their spin.... you got to dig thru the various stories to find as best you can some consistency of specifics to interpolate the most probable fact.
Not the point I was trying to make, when multiple news outlets say the same thing over and over it usually ends up being true, and the dude doing all the moaning and hand wringing about these bloggers said :
Again.. No.
The initial reports said “maybe”, “could be”, and “not certain”.. and concluded responsibly with “no further details at this time”
So he was wrong or misguided, either way the news reported it as they broke a crime and he expects us all to cry and moan about the poor lil bloggers, nope.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Ouch! At this point, this discussion now seems to be much ado about nothing ?...but I’m still going to check my portfolio tomorrow morning, when the market opens, to make sure I’m invested in at least one big pharma corp that manufacturers high blood pressure drugs.

Last edited:

DorB

Adventurer
So the news is wrong now? Initial reports
News evolve, this is why it’s called “initial”, and this is why it’s ”allegedly “ until certainty, so there is a gap for error.
Its a pointless discussion.
Since I don’t need your approval, I quit.

chet6.7

Explorer
reportedly
adv.
By report; supposedly.
adv.
according to reports or other information
BAGHDADBOB1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member