Aussie Style Truck And SUV Rear Canopies And Trays

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
The reason we don't see it is because Aussies get ALL THE RAD STUFF. Solution? Go get one made! They aren't prominent in the expo world in the USA YET but in the commercial world they are out there. Search for Veterinary or Farrier truck bodies and canopies. Huge cottage market for horse stuff. Lots of country builders doing unbelievable work for a good price. Very popular in horse country. Here are a few hot leads to get you cooking:

Stonewell Truck bodies https://stonewellbodies.com/
gray_truck.jpg

Somerson Forge Bodies
tb4.jpg

Alum line and Highway products will make anything you want as well if you have the patience.

One major thing I see is this: so many smallish trucks I see are overloaded. I don't care if they rate them higher GVWR in Au. Sometimes a Tacoma is just not enough truck. You can get some decent cargo in F150, 1500 or Tundra land. But I'd recommend going to a 250 2500 at least. Not much bigger, better power train options and actually engineered to GVWR. Slightly less mileage for 4x torque? Yep. Go big IMHO.

vwhammer

Adventurer
Well don't know if it has come up yet but I just saw a thing that Mule and Mitts have teamed up to bring the trays and canopies to the US.

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Ha! I was just about to link their website. I saw the announcement a week or so ago and immediately thought of them when I saw your post today.

Well don't know if it has come up yet but I just saw a thing that Mule and Mitts have teamed up to bring the trays and canopies to the US.

Ralf1322

Hey everyone, here to chime in as I just came across this thread! Summit Expedition Trucks Ltd. in Canada is going to be rolling out trays very shortly! Here’s an example! Check them out on Facebook and Instagram.

27094081-C2B9-488D-B51B-C4249DED4D58.png

Gummee

wannabe traveler
one of the other reasons for bigger trucks in the US is that that tax laws are written that vehicles have to be X pounds to be written off

I've got a buddy that just upgraded his truck to an F250 to be able to write it off. ...well that and I think he wants a bigger trailer

M

85_Ranger4x4

one of the other reasons for bigger trucks in the US is that that tax laws are written that vehicles have to be X pounds to be written off

I've got a buddy that just upgraded his truck to an F250 to be able to write it off. ...well that and I think he wants a bigger trailer

M

Uh, no.

And they pay dearly for tags if they use the weight.

If you use it for a business you anything can be used for taxes.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Uh, no.

And they pay dearly for tags if they use the weight.

If you use it for a business you anything can be used for taxes.

Yep. The beauty of Section 179 accelerated depreciation. My Jeep Grand Cherokee is a good example. There is some weirdness in the regulations in that you only qualify for about $11,000 for a passenger vehicle and vehicles above 6,000 GVWR qualify for $25,000 in section 179 deductions. all of these numbers may have flexed in the last year or so I'm not sure I'm not a tax guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz