Aussie Locker in Gen1 V6 front diff?

irish44j

Thinking about picking up an Aussie locker for the front diff in my V6 Raider (rear has factory LSD and front has manual hubs). From what I've read the correct part number is XD-94514 - it's listed as being for later Monteros but threads indicate it works in the Gen1 V6 front diff. So basically just want to verify that is the case from someone who's done it.

Thanks in advance!

mudraider

Adventurer
I've always welded the front, but am interested in hearing about this locker.

Sent from my pretty good android phone

irish44j

Huh, I did their site and it didn't come up with any results when I searched last time. Must have punched in something wrong.

in any case, thanks much! That's actually cheaper than the Aussie Locker anyhow, so that's great.

Last edited:
Awesome, let us know how it works out if you end up getting one. There's a couple good instructional videos out there if you've never installed one before.

irish44j

Awesome, let us know how it works out if you end up getting one. There's a couple good instructional videos out there if you've never installed one before.

Will do. I will document the whole thing in my build thread which is a few posts below this one right now.

Already watched the videos previously and ordered up some brand new shims just in case.

This thing already has excellent traction in all conditions but figure with the lack of front travel this thing Will help out if I get into areas that are more rocky than I usually go to! And since I already have manual hubs it will basically have no effect on a regular driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online