Aussie homebuilt camping trailer

Joanne

Adventurer
Hi all,

Steve down in Australia build this teardrop style offroad trailer. Although it's not a super offroad adventure trailer, it's certainly not a street queen either.

There has been some discussion here as to whether a teardrop would stand up to offroad use. I would give a qualified answer of "yes". These trailers will never go every place a full blown adventure trailer would go, but with some design accomodations made for offroad use (as Steve did) it would make a nice camping trailer.

You can find his build journal here:
http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15620&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

aussie_offroad.jpg

Joanne

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Very cool! I like the way he had all the drawings to figure out what he wanted to do and what it would look like before he ever began.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
I been following the build on y'all's tear drop site. It's a sweet trailer. Oh yeah and big thanks to you Joanne, Your the one that posted the link that I found the Expo. Umm so y'all can blame her....

1leg

Explorer
That is a very cool TD, My plan is build my own some day. I have been Lurker on that site for about a year now.

Dave

Explorer
Joanne said:

Very cool trailer! To the owner, make sure you tuck away your tongue jack before you get too far down the road. Just a tip from someone who has transformed a tongue jack into a useless pretzel...while pulling out of my parking area. ;)

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Dave said:
snippage....
Just a tip from someone who has transformed a tongue jack into a useless pretzel...while pulling out of my parking area. ;)
BT, DT several times. Doh!! It's the reason our loan-able utility trailer has a 'kick-stand' instead of a jack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz