Audiovox CCS100 Universal Vacuum Cruise Control

preacherman

Explorer
I installed one of those in my fj60 and loved it! Someone buy this it is the best $55 you will spend. Retail is like $100

Arivalsend

Adventurer
Any info on what type of vehicles this will fit? I am trying to put a cruise in my girlfriends Rav4 and we were quoted around $500 on it. Needless to say I wanted other options. This seems like a great option but how is it setup? Thanks for the info I am a newb in aftermarket cruise setups.:rolleyes:

slooowr6

Explorer
It suppose to be universal fit. The method it uses is pretty simple, at least on my Vanagon.
The unit measure pulses and will maintain the same pulse rate by pull the throttle cable/cam. The pulse is generate by mag or spark coil. The manual for the unit is on the link above.

njtaco

Explorer
Arivalsend, as long as the Rav4 uses a pulse generator for the speedometer pickup, this should work as well as any other brand. I'd buy it, if I had the money aside for one right now.

Preacherman, Any advice on attaching the magnet and sensor on the 60? I had nothing but trouble with my GMC installation on the driveshaft. Not the whole thing, just keeping the magnet from contacting the sensor. I finally concluded I must have had too much play in the trans/tcase mount.

For others, when the cruise worked, it worked well. I think I actually used the same model by the same manufacturer. If not, the directions look identical.

Bob

preacherman

Explorer
I chose to not install the sensor. You can "wire around it" by using the pulse signal from the distributor that goes to the tach. The only downside is your speed is set by rpm instead of actual speed. But i never really noticed a big difference, it held speed just fine. If I had to do it again I would install an inline VSS. Jags that run used to sell one, as did man-a-fre. I think I had a post about it on Ih8mud years ago, you may try to search my username there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles