ATV thread

87Warrior

GP'er
In 1999 I was a young lad who hadn't seen much outside of the typical tourist traps you visit on family vacation. I was then invited to spend a week exploring the Forest service roads of Colorado. I went to Colorado for 6 consecutive years exploring nearly 1,500 miles of Forest service roads via ATV. This was my introduction to vehicle based exploration. I still own the Wolverine and use it for chores around the home and farm.
133.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

Aquafbody

Adventurer
In 1999 I was a young lad who hadn't seen much outside of the typical tourist traps you visit on family vacation. I was then invited to spend a week exploring the Forest service roads of Colorado. I went to Colorado for 6 consecutive years exploring nearly 1,500 miles of Forest service roads via ATV. This was my introduction to vehicle based exploration. I still own the Wolverine and use it for chores around the home and farm.
133.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

You're welcome out here any time.:friday:

davidshourd

Adventurer
picked up this 05 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 last fall and then found a plow set up for it on craigslist on the cheap. was pretty entertaining plowing the neighborhood through the winter and even more entertaining running around on back trails/roads around here in North Idaho. man, what a tank!

20150328_125623.jpg2014122795142501.jpg20141221_140341.jpg

KC0GFG

I have a 91 Yamaha big bear 350 I picked up non running, just got it driving this past weekend. sorry no pics

hdhp

I like this Forum heck I stop by at least two times a week, I have even built an Expo Trailer from reading some great post in the Trailer section.
But now that I am into ATV exploration I was bummed not to find an ATV/UTV section within Expedition Portal.

So I would also like to see a ATV /UTV section!!
I have a Polaris Sportsman 700 and I have done a lot of mods to it in regards extras for off road travel. (I am still trying to learn how to post a pic on here)
In Michigan there are hundreds of miles of trails through the Huron National Forest. Now I do not know about any body else, But if you ever got lost in the forest it can be quite an adventure! I and a lot of people that I ride with are always prepared to spend the night or two in the forest. We are also planing a 3-4 day ride soon. Yes this will include spending the night in the woods! So again I feel the need for an ATV/UTV section.

Just My 2 Cents

HDHP

PS. If anybody can help me post some pics I would be Geratfull

hdhp

I like this Forum heck I stop by at least two times a week, I have even built an Expo Trailer from reading some great post in the Trailer section.
But now that I am into ATV exploration I was bummed not to find an ATV/UTV section within Expedition Portal.

So I would also like to see a ATV /UTV section!!
I have a Polaris Sportsman 700 and I have done a lot of mods to it in regards extras for off road travel. (I am still trying to learn how to post a pic on here)
In Michigan there are hundreds of miles of trails through the Huron National Forest. Now I do not know about any body else, But if you ever got lost in the forest it can be quite an adventure! I and a lot of people that I ride with are always prepared to spend the night or two in the forest. We are also planing a 3-4 day ride soon. Yes this will include spending the night in the woods! So again I feel the need for an ATV/UTV section.

Just My 2 Cents

HDHP

PS. If anybody can help me post some pics I would be Geratfull

hdhp

We Want a ATV/UTV Section

Ok I figured it out!!
Yes that's a Boat behind it! (I was doing my neighbor a favor)

I am also going to start taking my Expo Trailer on some of my over night camps!

20150607_100348-1 (1).jpg20150607_100412-1.jpg

DGR

Sooo...I am new to the forum.

I joined because i love reading about the adventures people have...esp the south-west US. I don't really care what the form of transportation is, but i chose to use a SxS for my back-country adventures.

So, are we allowed to post stories from an ATV/SxS?

While there are plenty of ATV/SxS forums, i am more interested in the trail reports and discoveries than watching someone roll off of "widow maker".

TERRA TECH

UTV Touring

IMG_1634.jpg

Hi everyone,

I have been following the Portal for quite some time and reading the Overland Journal when I can find it on the news stand and finally decided to join today as saw this post on ATVs / UTVs.

I have been riding and racing ATVs for over 31 years and they are a passion of mine but in my late teens I bought my first Jeep and that little rig on 32's started a love affair that lasted over 25 years and 7 modified vehicles with my last rig being a AEV equipped Unlimited on 37's.

But then I started to pay attention to the surge in the UTV marketplace and the capabilities of these vehicles astounded me. I formed my own training and design company in 2011 and have developed several military and law enforcement ATV and UTV prototypes for OEM manufactures and most recently two projects for Dirt Trax Television.

All I can say is don't sell these vehicles short as they make a great platform for exploration and can go to a lot of places that larger vehicles can not or are not allowed.

We recently returned from a 2 week vacation with our Terra Tech Off Road "Scorpion" border patrol prototype and had an amazing time! 101 hp and 14 inches of suspension travel allows you to coast over the rough stuff and power up hills that would be daunting in a full size rig.

We hit the 1000 mile Ride the Wilds trail system in New Hampshire, the Lanaudiere region of Quebec and the Eastern Ontario Trails Alliance in Ontario Canada. All of these systems are UTV friendly and offer legal road travel to access accommodations, food and fuel along the way. The interesting thing is that without an ATV or UTV you would never be able to experience any of these trails as they have a 65 inch wide width restriction.

We toured for 5 days straight in New Hampshire and even took in a white water rafting trip. It wasn't the Silk Road but it sure was an adventure for a family of 4 on our two week vacation.

We are currently building a new vehicle with Dirt Trax that is called the "Expedition" and its goal is to be self sufficient for 48-72 hours and features parts from many in the expedition marketplace such as - AT, ARB, Warn, Lowrance, Rigid, Overboard, Power Tank etc.

Looking for to reading more posts on UTV trips and getting some more ideas for Gen 2 of our current build where we are considering a RTT.

Mike

TERRA TECH

Rear Patrol Box

IMG_1718.jpg

Rear Patrol Box features a slide tray full size spare, 4 RP Advanced Mobility Systems jerry can holders and we carry 10 gallons of fuel and 10 gallons of water in addition to our gear for 4 people. On this trip we stayed at lodges, cabins and hotels trail side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94