ATV thread

A

agavelvr

That's neat. But seriously this forum would really benefit from an ATV section. For example I have been having cold start issues and that's a real drag during hunting season in the middle of nowhere. I would be really nice to ask some fellas here that too live in cold climates how to fix the issue.

I'm thinking you would be better served finding one of the many ATV forums on the internet (like http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/ ) to solve your issues, especially model specific technical stuff. I'm guessing the depth of conversation here on ATVs would be extremely limited in comparison to a dedicated ATV site. Even the motorcycle content here is pretty limited, hence I spend most of my time on advrider to solve moto issues. Perhaps your thread belongs in http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/25-Expedition-Vehicles-Other since ATVs are not motorcycles and typically the bane of our 2 wheeled existence :)

In terms of an ATV being an "expedition/overland/glamping vehicle" in North America... most states do not allow them to be legally operated on roads, Arizona and Montana being notable exceptions. Regular vehicles, motorcycles, and bicycles do not have the same limitation. Just a little insight as to why your thread is probably going to be limited in conversation. Now if you posted a long distance trip report completed on an ATV in the proper section of the site, I would certainly enjoy seeing it since very few people are embarking on multiday to weeks long trips on ATVs. That would probably fit in nicely.

jonnyquest

Adventurer
Something I dream about is loading up an ATV like those Quad Squad guys. Trailer it to Bellingham and load onto the AK ferry. I think several summers could be spent exploring the Inside Passage. I think a whole summer could be spent on Prince Of Wales Island alone.

Aquafbody

Adventurer
Something I dream about is loading up an ATV like those Quad Squad guys. Trailer it to Bellingham and load onto the AK ferry. I think several summers could be spent exploring the Inside Passage. I think a whole summer could be spent on Prince Of Wales Island alone.

:iagree:

ADVrider76

ATV Group

Here's mine and my riding partner (I sure miss my girl, she used to love to ride on the Grizzly.) I agree that we do need a ATV section as well. I have done multi-day trips on mine camping off it and it's awesome. It is getting harder to do these trips do to land closures and environmental regulations. Its all about adventure, not only the vehicle.

If anyone needs help, i am a mod over on ATVQuadSquadhttp://atvquadsquad.com. Stop by and say hi

CA_05251210534859-XL.jpg

Last edited:

BlaZeJeep

89b08fb3df0eb495a6ab84523d922fc3.jpg

Bought this new in 2007, lots of great rides in TN, WV, KY, and here in Indiana. Sold it last summer to buy this
d9567b0c60d26e1770fe63c58e89cce4.jpg

Having a blast doing some adventure riding, rode 2000+ miles in the last 4 months. It's a 2005 with 60,000 miles that had been meticulously cared for by the previous owner. A ride out west to Colorado is being planned for this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aquafbody

Adventurer
Having issues uploading so I'll do it later but just got done putting new plastics on to replace my old cracked ones.

A

agavelvr

Bought this new in 2007, lots of great rides in TN, WV, KY, and here in Indiana. Sold it last summer to buy this
d9567b0c60d26e1770fe63c58e89cce4.jpg

Call the expo police! Someone posted a motorcycle(nice one at that)...
in the ATV thread...
which is in the motorcycle forum for some bizarre reason :)

Aquafbody

Adventurer
Might do a little horse trading today. A guy wants to trade me a Kazuma Falcon for a Beretta Bobcat 22lr I have laying around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior