atturo trail blade a/t?

MontySquareo

is anyone running atturo trail blades on their rig? they seem like a decent cheap tire but i haven't heard of people using them offroad.

Reactions: bjp

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
I ran a set of E rated Atturos on one of my fleet trucks (loaded f-150 4x4) for a week then got my money back. I was thoroughly unimpressed. Even with the E rating, the sidewalls were only 3 ply and handling was a ridiculous challenge, even dangerous at highway speeds.

I ended up spending 2x the money on a set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Kevlar belted tires and have gone with them ever since. Better sidewall protection, they handle the weight, long wearing and have all but eliminated puncture issues.

I manage a fleet 20 vehicles for an engineering/survey company. Half ton truck constantly running with 1500+ pounds of tools and equipment running as much as 20,000 miles per year each.

What's the difference between a 4x4 and a work truck?
There's some places a 4x4 can't go.

MontySquareo

ok, I'm running some old Michelin ltx a/t2 and have been pretty happy with those. what pressure were you running with the Atturos?

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
I don't recall, but proper pressure to be running on the highway in a fully loaded pickup. The driver checked the pressure after discovering the issue on the highway, and pressures were not the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94