AT/OJ Open House - Photos

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
great pics as always Chris...what a killer time and a chance to meet some super cool new folks
Thanks to everyone who worked hard to make it happen and the food was amazing!

The food was amazing, thank you Overland Gourmet

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Thank you!

Great time indeed.

• Scott, your presentation was elegantly comical, nice spin! Thank you for not pretending to know it all and allowing yourself to be corrected to maintain respect for other cultures.

• Overland Gourmet, the bacon burger with special homemade butter and grilled peaches sprinkled with brown sugar had the crowd going back for seconds and thirds. Delicious!

• Paul, thank you for keeping me sauced and laughing. I enjoyed our many talks.

• Justin and Graham thank you for the fire... my leg hair will grow back. Not really sure but thank you for setting me up with sleeping arrangements for the night???

• Martyn, sorry I couldn't take you up on the spooning and morning tea but I am sure there will be another opportunity. Oh, that's right... you don't like tea.

Made some new friends and got to shake hands with some old ones. Hope to see you guys again soon!

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Good times, good cheer, good camaraderie. It doesn't get any better! Thanks to all those who attended and made the trail rehab a resounding success. You are an awesome community. To those of you who came out to support AT & OJ, we are indebted to your loyalty, we could not do it without you. Thank you so much!

We look forward to the next event!

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Thanks for the photos Chris. That URHere software looks really interesting.

Hi Linda, I think it looks interesting, too. This is one thing I always wished I had better visualization of on my moving maps. Sometimes the boundaries for certain things are shown depending on the software and maps, but invariably I end up wondering. Sometimes looking at my paper maps will help, but it would be nice to see it on the screen at all times.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Looks fun, Chris.

So, where are the pics of your truck. It's a legend. Update?

Thanks! I did have the truck there. Not much has changed with it lately other than some new seats. . .

seats.jpg

I plan to post a 'thirteen-year report" soon. The truck is still going strong and has done about 15 trips this year, including two to Mexico (so far). I just took the roof tent off last week (it needs a new cover) and slept inside the camper for the first time in a while this past weekend.

Appolyon

I am so bummed that I missed this.... Curse you Work!!! oh well.... i did stop by early in the day to check out the group while the trail clean up crew was out. Very Very VERY cool!

I just keep looking and drooling, and will eventually get one of my own.... but those rigs were awesome!

Chazz Layne

Administrator

Snapped on the way out. We left around 10pm and got home just after midnight on less than a quarter tank of gas (about 22MPG going 75 MPH). Between the awesomeness of the Flippacs we saw, and fuel mileage I'd forgotten was possible, I"m finding the Ranger build more and more tempting. I can't help but wonder if that kind of mileage would be possible after a SAS, which would be mandatory after watching Travis' presentation. :Wow1:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler

Snapped on the way out. We left around 10pm and got home just after midnight on less than a quarter tank of gas (about 22MPG going 75 MPH). Between the awesomeness of the Flippacs we saw, and fuel mileage I'd forgotten was possible, I"m finding the Ranger build more and more tempting. I can't help but wonder if that kind of mileage would be possible after a SAS, which would be mandatory after watching Travis' presentation. :Wow1:

Cool :)

C'mon, anyone else have photos to post?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz