AT Offroad Motorcycle Trailer

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
Adventures trailers has just built me an offroad motorcycle trailer. It will hold two full size Adventure bikes ex. KTM 990's or 3 average size dirt bikes. It will also accomodate a Polaris RZR side by side in place of the bikes.

In addition it has the following options to add to the trucks capacity for a long trip.
large tool/spare parts box
nose box with Auxilary power group 31 and lighting
25 Gal water tank with electric pump
(2) 5 gal fuel cans

here's of a photo from a week or two ago, not quite done.

next week will have full photo's up.

trailerpreview.jpg

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
that is super slick..
very nice and the extra touches like power and water show off some solid thinking.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Nice! May I ask the deck dimensions?

I'm thinking of building something similar. Something more rugged to replace my current 4x8 utility trailer. I'm thinking more like 5x6 or 5x7. Spec would be to hold 3 dirtbikes, or a snowmobile with the track hanging off the tailgate. Would have walls.

Anyway, just wondering what deck size you figured on this.

BTW, I strongly strongly recommend something at the back to hold the rear tire in place so they don't kick around. I simply bolt a small section of extruded aluminum channel.

18seeds

Explorer

I'm thinking of building something similar. Something more rugged to replace my current 4x8 utility trailer. I'm thinking more like 5x6 or 5x7. Spec would be to hold 3 dirtbikes, or a snowmobile with the track hanging off the tailgate. Would have walls.

BTW, I strongly strongly recommend something at the back to hold the rear tire in place so they don't kick around. I simply bolt a small section of extruded aluminum channel.

that's exactly what I need..

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
I'd like to know more about the tie-down tracks. Are they the typical style that uses a spring loaded tie-point, or are they the type that uses the hook of the tie itself to lock the tie-point in place?
I'm very interested to find a source for the latter.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I saw this trailer in person at their shop when they were building it.. it's top notch like the rest of their trailers. It uses the same composite material for the floor as they use for their drawer system. Pretty slick!

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014

73" by 112" deck dimension

also I have the tracks on the deck for tie downs for the rear ends.. thanks though i agree with your thought.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
6x9ish eh? That's actually pretty large. I've gotten 3 dirt bikes into the 4x8 before, but it's not fun. I figured 5 would make it a little better. 6 is tons of room.

If you're going to put a channel at the back for the rear tire, I'd have them do something like captive nuts underneath. I just used wood screws into my wood deck, and it works but... you don't want to do that to such a nice trailer. ;)

I've tried just tying down the rear tire, but it just doesn't work as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior